• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Claims management companies

Due to a whining noise from the direction of the damaged car , I called the claims company ( just to shut the wife up ) I've now been told the as they don't have an assessor up here I must provide images of ; the damaged bonnet head on view and view from both sides, side views of the entire car , view of the rear , picture of the dash , specifically the mileage, and a picture of the data plate on the B pillar and a pic of the vin plate.
Simples ? No . I've to take the car to one of the estimating body shops, probably the one that gave the cheapest estimate.
Thus it is done, pictures have been sent.
Is this normal ? I get the feeling I'm being dicked about now

Sounds about right, chap: what you've been asked to do is what the vehicle assessor would have done-provide a photo record of the claimed damage and proof that that damage occurred to that (ie your) vehicle.

Yep , I'm getting dicked about. The "hire" car supplier calls with we will deliver the hire car monday , I ask why , they say thats when your car goes for repair , I've heard nothing and call Claimfast , they call the B$m*o%d^ the assessors .10 days on after being told no assessor up here and photos supplied I am now told they will send an assessor, the only one they have in the Scottish republic , but dont know when as he makes his own appointments and they haven't heard from him for a week or so. Claimfast cancel delivery of hire car.
Maybe its me , but I like things expidited in a timely and honest manner, how long before I put in a complaint ?
and in the meantime Mrs WW is still wittering on about having to use the pickup

ugly

LE
Having just written off my van and not claimed as it was roughly worth the excess I was plagued for three or four days by claims management companies trying to get me to sue someone. I asked who can I sue, the tree or the patch of ice?
They left me alone after that!

The_Duke

LE
Yep , I'm getting dicked about. The "hire" car supplier calls with we will deliver the hire car monday , I ask why , they say thats when your car goes for repair , I've heard nothing and call Claimfast , they call the B$m*o%d^ the assessors .10 days on after being told no assessor up here and photos supplied I am now told they will send an assessor, the only one they have in the Scottish republic , but dont know when as he makes his own appointments and they haven't heard from him for a week or so. Claimfast cancel delivery of hire car.
Maybe its me , but I like things expidited in a timely and honest manner, how long before I put in a complaint ?
and in the meantime Mrs WW is still wittering on about having to use the pickup
Start the process of complaining now. Write an email to your insurer to complain about the delays and confusion and state clearly what an acceptable response would be (in terms of what you want, by when).

The clock starts ticking for complaints then, and you now form part of their negative statistics.

ugly

LE
The clock starts ticking for complaints then, and you now form part of their negative statistics.
Its quite amazing what constitutes a complaint nowadays. I had to fill in a compliance form for the bank and put a note on it saying I didn't understand their jargon and they put £100 into my account and rang me to apologise and also wrote to me.
Chuffed to bits was I

Start the process of complaining now. Write an email to your insurer to complain about the delays and confusion and state clearly what an acceptable response would be (in terms of what you want, by when).

I will call them agin on Monday, if no acceptable answer then I will follow your advice and compose an e-mail of complaint, its just a case of keeping the language civil.

The_Duke

LE
I will call them agin on Monday, if no acceptable answer then I will follow your advice and compose an e-mail of complaint, its just a case of keeping the language civil.
On that call, make sure that you state clearly that you are not satisfied with the level of service you have received so far. Any “expression of dissatisfaction” should start their complaints procedure kicking in.

On that call, make sure that you state clearly that you are not satisfied with the level of service you have received so far. Any “expression of dissatisfaction” should start their complaints procedure kicking in.
Will do, thanks

Both times when I've used claims management companies, they asked me if I had a car I could use. When I said no, they brought me a car the next day, of an equivalent standard to the one the subject of the claim. The only thing I didn't like was the low profile tyres which meant having to be ultra careful about scraping the alloys against kerbs.

Well, made a complaint to be told it will be passed to the relevant team. A text from the assessors .10 days on after being told no assessor up here and photos supplied I am now told they will send an assessor, ( heard this one before ) apraised them of the previous comms regarding this ,deafeningly silent reply, then a call from Saga/claimfast/Innovation its been refered back to the "engineers" to approve the quote. That was all last Friday. Monday a call, still not approved.:mad: and then this afternoon a call its approved , make appointment with body shop and inform us when to send the hire car .
Arrangements made .
I think there will be more to follow

Yesterday the Skoda collected from the body shop after is mishap on the 22nd Feb.
2 bleeding months of fuckwittery from Saga/Claimfast/Bamwells/Innovation
I must say the car looks better than when it was brand new , Mrs WW ( as all women do ) looked at the paint work with her fingers and left a few marks , much to the annoyance of the bodyshop owner.
A change of insurer of on the cards, suggestions anyone ?