claiming MMA whilst on resettelment

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by randymcflab, Dec 13, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. hi all. well i have had a look around i have asked some of my unit HR but i don't seem to be getting an answer. your help would be much appreciated and hopefully not stress me out any more.

    i have been given my redundancy and am based in catterick. i have got a course booked in Aberdeen and also in aldershot. i spoke to my MT to get a hire car to get to them however i have been informed that as i am on resetelment i am not entitled to a hire car. fine. however they will not issue me a non avalibility of transport chit as again i aint entitled to it. so how can i clame MMA if i aint got that. i have just forked out the extra cash to pay for business cover on my insurance so i could claim.

    this stressed me out the last time and i ended up paying it myself. so any help and advice would be appreciated.
  2. Yes you are, JSP 754 (I think) says you can. I am just out and was entitled to 7 MMA claims or 7 warrants for attendance on courses, job fairs and interviews, etc. Attendance on resettlement activity is a duty and so you are entitled to a hire car if no mil transport is available. Speak to your Service Resettlement Advisor about it because he is the one who authorises your claims. Neither unit HR nor MT are involved in this, they are there to facilitate your resettlement acivity.

    Best of luck

  3. thank you very much berlin. i really do think my HR and unit have there head up there arses and are too interested in enjoying the festive period.
  4. Yep all correct, your Resettlement Officer should of explained all this in your interview and it then has to be put on JPA so you can claim your money back and book your leave, they also need to fill in the paperwork for your courses anyway.