Claiming for return of MFO box?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Peter_Skellen, Mar 31, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have just returned from Herrick 11 and sent a mfo box some weeks ago. It has arrived back ok as far as i am aware.

Now sombody along the line has told us that somehow you can clain on JPA for the safe return of the box and its contents, somewhere around £45. As long as you have kit insurance, which i have with TG wilsons.

Any JPA guru's or anybody in the know on the correct line on this or shed some light on the matter would be much apprichated.

2. Did you mention SHED?
  3. I thought you could only claim insurance costs back on posting. I don't think comfort boxes fall into this category, or do they?
  4. Pete,

You can claim back £48.32 for your kit in transit as long as you have not claimed fo the outward journey or claimed in the previous 12 months. As you said you must have a certificate of insurance covering the date of transit. This can be claimed back on JPA using i-Expenses under 'Insurance Allowance'. Ensure that you retain your certificate of insurance for 2 years. Hope that answers your question.

5. LUCKY YOU havent seen my comfy box from H10 yet!!
  6. Thank you very much, now got to track down some paperwork for it.