Claiming for Passport

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by toffeeman, Jun 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. One for the Clerks out there....

I understand i'm entitled to claim for a passport expense....just wondering if i can claim before paying for it or would i have to provide proof of payment prior to claiming?

Just incase it makes a difference this isn't my first Passport it's a replacement for the one i lost.

Cheers.

2. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

You can't claim for a lost passport.

3. My Company Clerk said i could. Was he blowing smoke up my rear end?

To make it clear i'll be claiming for the replacement.

4. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

He might not have been aware of all the facts. If it was a replacement for one that had run out not a problem. This is a replacement for a lost one so it's out of your own pocket I'm afraid.

5. Who do you think you are? A politician

6. When I lost mine a few years ago, well just before telic part 1: The invasion, Not only did my unit pay for my passport (replacement for a lost one) I was also allowed to pick it up in one day from the passport office due to an operational requirement of needing it the following week...

Something to think about there

7. Yeah that's why i wanted to claim as i'll be getting the 'get it on the day' passport which costs about £150.

We're not going on tour until next year so i don't think i'd be able to pull that one... but now that you mention it i could have done that the other month when we were SLE. If i fail to mention it's for a lost Passport hopefully there won't be a problem.

8. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Dispensation was given to a few people because of Operation requirement. However, now, they can afford to delay a person who requires a replacement passport.

9. msr

msr LE

Remind me what the I of SOLIDC stands for?

msr

10. Even if we're on an overseas Battalion excersize in a couple of months?

Essentially i can't afford to buy a passport at this moment in time as i have other financial commitments which need to be sorted out ASAP.

11. I understand but i'm in shit street and as the MOD are prepared to pay for a new or expired Passport why not a lost one?

12. Because you lost it you nuggett - that's why :D

Why should the taxpayer pay for your incompetence, we do that for the politicians already

13. sell some personal stuff to the value of £150 - problem solved

14. B_AND_T

B_AND_T LE Book Reviewer

Toffeeman! Which part of NO are you having a problem with? Your like my kids who think the word NO is a start of a conversation.

Put it another way.

You go on exercise and loose a pair of boots (cheers Sluggy).
    When you get back you go and see the nice storeman and you say "Hello nice storeman, I have lost my boots. Can I have a nice new pair?" The storeman will say "Of course you unlucky little soldier you. Here you are, sign here and thats going to cost you I'm afraid"

Which is different to:

You go on exercise and rip you lovely smock(cheers Sluggy).
    When you get back you go and see the nice storeman and you say "Hello nice storeman, I have ripped my smock on exercise. Can I have a nice new one?" The storeman will say "Of course you unlucky little soldier you. Here you are, sign here and because it wear and tear the nice QM says you can have it on the house"

Now run the same conversation through your head concerning your passport.

So in short.

NO YOU FCUKING CAN'T!!!!

15. I concur