claiming for fuel

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by medic-matt, May 31, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. I will be attending a medical course for 6 weeks at Haslar hospital in Portsmouth and will be travelling from Manchester.
    I intend to come back on some weekends to see my wife, will I be able to claim for to fuel for this journey? is there a limit to how many times I can claim i.e maximum of 2 trips home per month ?
    Do I need to get the claim authorised prior to leaving or can i be done retrospectively with reciepts? and should this be done at my HQ or at Haslar?

  2. You are probarly in receipt of Get You Home Trave from you place off duty to your home address in Manchester, You will still Get You Travel, this time you will get it from Halsar to Manchester, when you have completed the course it will revert back to your place of duty to your home address. You should be able to claim MMA from Haslar to you place of duty on the first and last day.

    Hope this helps.
  3. Thanks for the post caerwyn13, that enlightens me somewhat.
    As long as I can keep the cost down a little, then im happy.