claiming for company car

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by johnjohn, Aug 18, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Chaps...

i have a company car through work, my GF is at uni and doesnt have a car

i have to hand the car back and read this on sabre....

Company cars
    If you have to return a company car while you are mobilised, and that car was the only car available for use by your spouse, partner or dependants, then you can claim a flat-rate allowance of £10.70 per day (roughly £325 per month).

ive been racking my brain because i cant figure out how could i prove the fact that my gf doesnt have car and she used mine/i gave her lifts (not very often but now shes stuck to buses)

any ideas or will i need to rely on sabre for help?

2. you don't have to prove that she doesn't have a car, just that you have a company car - a letter on company stationary from the secretary will do.

3. i already have an official company headed letter from one of the directors stating that i have the use of a company car and i have a letter from the inland revenue now stating it has been returned.

i thought about asking her to keep all the reciepts for a week or two, problem is she doesnt go back to uni until the middle of september and im off by then.

hopefully they'll accept the 2 letters as proof, its very bland and non informative as to how to claim for things.

4. ill tell the ball and chain to go on a road trip to dundee each day, give something for the tax dodger to do

:relax: