Army Rumour Service

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Claiming a Holocaust survivor may of had a lesbian relationship with her guard.

As you may have gathered from my first answer, I am a fan of the flick and have never seen it on stage, so I am happy to concede that I may possibly be wrong about Ferrer/Greenwald's line about washing Goering's ass. But I think I'm right - the stage version made much more of Greenwald's Jewishness.

Ferrer dresses in US Navy Aviator Greens for much of the film, which is interesting for uniform buffs. Can be confused with Marine uniform.
No sarcasm on my part at all.
in the movie tootsie:

Michael Dorsey (Hoffman) is a respected actor, but nobody in New York wants to hire him because he is a perfectionist and difficult to work with.

And there are scenes where he is auditoning - one of which is obviously for the part of Greenwald:

(The scene segued to Michael's fifth audition on another bare stage)

They were doin' it for dough - the same as everybody does it for dough. But the question is in the last analysis. What were they doing for dough! You and me, for dough, were advancing our little non-Prussian careers. So when all hell broke loose, and the Germans started running out of soap and figured, 'What the hell? We might as well cook up Mrs. Greenwald', who the hell do you think stopped 'em?

Last edited:
You may have read this. But Primo Levi's. 'If This Is A Man' perfectly describes this appalling practice.

Not on the theme of soap, but thinking about the commoditisation of human-kind and peeling it back to its utter limit.

A cousin of mine was murdered at Natzweiler (primarily a work camp rather than an extermination camp). When I visited the camp and museum, The guides explained to us how the Germans had sat down and figured out how long a prisoner could last on a restricted calorific intake, what the cost per prisoner was and what they could get back in revenue through their forced labour.

I seem to recall the expected useful life span was around 6 months and the "return on investment" was around 5-6 times what it cost to 'clothe and feed' a prisoner. If the prisoner outlived his time, he was either sent to somewhere like Dachau to be exterminated or placed in a prison cell or a cupboard (roughly 3ft high/3ft deep/3feet wide) with two to three other prisoners for up to 72 hours with no food or water. If they were alive when the door was opened they were executed and cremated. I had nightmares for a good couple of weeks after visiting the camp.

Can I just pipe in that I would finger the fück out of the Good Doctor Anna.

Just a finger only lol

bash her back doors in man

cheers

Not on the theme of soap, but thinking about the commoditisation of human-kind and peeling it back to its utter limit.

A cousin of mine was murdered at Natzweiler (primarily a work camp rather than an extermination camp). When I visited the camp and museum, The guides explained to us how the Germans had sat down and figured out how long a prisoner could last on a restricted calorific intake, what the cost per prisoner was and what they could get back in revenue through their forced labour.

I seem to recall the expected useful life span was around 6 months and the "return on investment" was around 5-6 times what it cost to 'clothe and feed' a prisoner. If the prisoner outlived his time, he was either sent to somewhere like Dachau to be exterminated or placed in a prison cell or a cupboard (roughly 3ft high/3ft deep/3feet wide) with two to three other prisoners for up to 72 hours with no food or water. If they were alive when the door was opened they were executed and cremated. I had nightmares for a good couple of weeks after visiting the camp.

I read of an episode where the gas chambers and crematoria were at max chat at Auschwitz processing 20,000 souls that day, but they didn't have the capacity to murder the kids, so they had a 'bath night', which was a dip into cold water then stood naked on parade in 5 ranks until the winter temperature claimed them.

The babies were first into the ovens though, as their high fat content provided ideal kindling to get the chimney up to temperature.

I read of an episode where the gas chambers and crematoria were at max chat at Auschwitz processing 20,000 souls that day, but they didn't have the capacity to murder the kids, so they had a 'bath night', which was a dip into cold water then stood naked on parade in 5 ranks until the winter temperature claimed them.

The babies were first into the ovens though, as their high fat content provided ideal kindling to get the chimney up to temperature.

Christ. Beyond barbaric.

Someone has an agenda, the Prof with no evidence. If it goes to court, and in the unlikely scenario someone appears with evidence to a lesbian affair, then the daughter and family lose two fold. The dirty family secret will be out, and they lose the court case.

Isn't it far more probable, that with no agenda whatsoever, she just wants a stranger to stop making things up about her dead mother?

There are only two people that know the truth, and they are both dead. That doesn't give people carte blanche to make up any old shit they like.

Churchill was into beastiality and used to bum his Bulldog! See what I mean?

Or its so long ago it can't really be proven either way?
Does it sound likely to you that a prisoner could be a bit cheeky with the Nazi guards and get favours without having to do anything back?
A few posts up there is a story of someone being flogged for trying to pick up potato peelings, but some bint was a bit cheeky with a lesbo guard?

Do you have link to that (the bath night) I can't find anything on the Auschwitz site.

Or its so long ago it can't really be proven either way?
Does it sound likely to you that a prisoner could be a bit cheeky with the Nazi guards and get favours without having to do anything back?
A few posts up there is a story of someone being flogged for trying to pick up potato peelings, but some bint was a bit cheeky with a lesbo guard?

Whoever makes the claim, carries the burden of proof.

I'll wait to see what the Prof comes up with in court.

Oh no, hold on a minute, she has already admitted to not having any!

Whoever makes the claim, carries the burden of proof.

I'll wait to see what the Prof comes up with in court.

Oh no, hold on a minute, she has already admitted to not having any!
Do you think its likely she would be cheeky with her Nazi guards?

Do you think its likely she would be cheeky with her Nazi guards?

As people were forced to kill others and anything else below that, I think someone being chatty, humorous, flirtatious and cheeky in a school kid sort of way is highly probable in order to survive.

You seem to have a one dimension view of Nazi guards. There will have been some, who didn't want to be a Nazi in the first place, and also didn't like being a camp guard and didn't like what was going on and what they were witnessing. Some will have turned a blind eye, and some will have supplied food or moved a person to an easier assignment in exchange for Gold or sex or because it was the right thing to do, and they wanted to help that person.

Many would have been sick of the war, sick of Hitler and the Nazi party, and just wanted to go home like everyone else.

As people were forced to kill others and anything else below that, I think someone being chatty, humorous, flirtatious and cheeky in a school kid sort of way is highly probable in order to survive.

You seem to have a one dimension view of Nazi guards. There will have been some, who didn't want to be a Nazi in the first place, and also didn't like being a camp guard and didn't like what was going on and what they were witnessing. Some will have turned a blind eye, and some will have supplied food or moved a person to an easier assignment in exchange for Gold or sex or because it was the right thing to do, and they wanted to help that person.

Many would have been sick of the war, sick of Hitler and the Nazi party, and just wanted to go home like everyone else.
Of course, a gobby prisoner who a guard fancied got away with it in Nazi Germany.

I seem to recall on here someone saying that no one was forced to be a guard, there were other job options.

I seem to recall on here someone saying that no one was forced to be a guard, there were other job options.

Do have a link to that?

Of course, a gobby prisoner who a guard fancied got away with it in Nazi Germany.

I don't think anyone has mentioned her being gobby or chopsy, that would be your choice of word to fit your narrative.

Please feel free to help the Prof and supply the proof of the alleged lesbian affair.

Slime

LE

While looking through the specs of the lorries that killed jews by recycling the exhaust back into the box van bodies I also read info on how many of the drivers of these lorries hated the job as they could hear nothing but screams and shouts from those trapped in the box body as they drove.
Early on the drivers started driving more quickly to get the job done quicker, but this didn’t give the carbon monoxide enough time to kill (basically murder) those in the back.

The ever efficient German authorities learned from this and made two changes.
They imposed a speed limit for the drivers, but also decided they needed to fit beefier rear axles/suspension to the lorries as the jews crowded by the rear doors in an attempt to escape death.................and were causing damage to the lorry!

The set set of documents also revealed that being sent to be a camp guard could often be a punishment posting for an SS soldier.

While looking through the specs of the lorries that killed jews by recycling the exhaust back into the box van bodies I also read info on how many of the drivers of these lorries hated the job as they could hear nothing but screams and shouts from those trapped in the box body as they drove.
Early on the drivers started driving more quickly to get the job done quicker, but this didn’t give the carbon monoxide enough time to kill (basically murder) those in the back.

The ever efficient German authorities learned from this and made two changes.
They imposed a speed limit for the drivers, but also decided they needed to fit beefier rear axles/suspension to the lorries as the jews crowded by the rear doors in an attempt to escape death.................and were causing damage to the lorry!

The set set of documents also revealed that being sent to be a camp guard could often be a punishment posting for an SS soldier.

My father visited Poland shortly before its exit from the Soviet Union.

He asked his translator to take him to Auschwitz, to which she flat out refused. She explained that she could just about cope with the gas chambers, the rooms full of hair, the gold teeth and the stacks of people's shoes, but at one location in the camp were brick buildings that looked like kilns with a small hole at the top. Prisoners were bricked into them and left to die. One that had been knocked open showed the claw marks in the brickwork/concrete where the prisoners had tried to dig through the wall, and she couldn't go back after seeing that.

Slime

LE
My father visited Poland shortly before its exit from the Soviet Union.

He asked his translator to take him to Auschwitz, to which she flat out refused. She explained that she could just about cope with the gas chambers, the rooms full of hair, the gold teeth and the stacks of people's shoes, but at one location in the camp were brick buildings that looked like kilns with a small hole at the top. Prisoners were bricked into them and left to die. One that had been knocked open showed the claw marks in the brickwork/concrete where the prisoners had tried to dig through the wall, and she couldn't go back after seeing that.

Conflict can bring out the very best of man, but also the very worst.
Edit. Yes, I know that’s an obvious comment on this site.

Latest Threads