Claim for specs on JPA? Help!!!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by commzmeanzbombz, May 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Afternoon All,

I have just been and had my free eye test from vision express and bought myself two lovely pairs of bins :soldier: to sort out my horrendous squint, my question to you is.......

Can I put in a claim on JPA to assist with the cost? I have been told I can by someone who successfully claimed but my RAO department and the med centre are unable to offer me any advice.

I know issued glasses are available and I even tried a pair which is why I opted to buy my own!

Cheers in advance,

2. Intranet link to FMed 79

There you go. 8)
  3. Is that a definate?? One of the best kept secrets around at the moment, my Med Centre have stated that I cannot get a refund for an eye test, and definately not for specs. In fact, I had to pay for my 'issue' specs, because I chose not to have the retro looking Mil Spec glasses.....
  4. Why a refund for a free eye test?
  5. Everyone wants something for nothing don't they?

JSP 340 Ch 11 has all the details, and from looking at that, you are apparently meant to register with your med centre prior to having the eye test done, so it looks like you've shat it Commz.
  6. CMB may I be the first to call you a speckybikefacedcunt? Cheers.
  7. M_J

see PMs please

8. I will go hunt that one down tomorrow, thanks :D
  9. I think you'll find you need authority in advance of any purchase. If useable issue specs were on offer - why should you get cash for buying your own? I've brought my own boots can I get a refund for them?

However, saying that - good luck with it, let us know how you get on.
  10. I claimed 2 years ago for the very same thing, as my prescription had changed I got to claim actual costs up to £60, but then we did do the correct forms via the Med Centre and the optician in Wegberg has the 'contract' as it were.

Best of luck speccy ! :D
  11. I think the issue specs are rather fetching in a retro 'Blues Brothers' kinda way.

Useful to take on ops as a spare spare!
  12. Cheers Mate, I believe you are the first! :D :D :D