Civvy street just isnt for me, how about the Int corps

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by gibson677, Jan 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I originally posted on the website about joining the TA para's. I moved to Wakefield doing a job in Leeds and was about to join 299 TA Para sqn. I unfortunately had to move away from leeds, however i really wasnt enjoying the life i was living in the workplace. No benefits, low pay..etc. However I have been looking again into the forces as a career and was thinking RAF Regiment, however from the way I see it, ill go in for a few years, hate it and come out with nothing. So i decided to look towards the army. Here is my situation.
    I have been looking into the Int corps and such surrounding roles, including IT. I have always been pretty able with computers and have decided that I will probably make it out the other end with some positives. My dad has been working with lots of guys who are in the intelligence game and they tell him that its a great career prospect at the minute, enjoyable work and something you will learn skills from. Thats exactly what i want to go for and ive seen that the army are currently recruiting in that area. I have started an application and sent off, rang them asking waiting times for a reply and i was given a couple of weeks. I was wondering if anyone can shed some light on some of the issues i have raised in the meantime and also, please correct me on any terrible terms i may have come out with.

Many thanks,
  2. Your dad is in the intelligence game, pure gold that is.
    • Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.