Civvy posted to Bastion

Discussion in 'Military Clothing & Boots' started by BrunoNoMedals, Jan 28, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BrunoNoMedals

BrunoNoMedals LE Reviewer

What would you recommend a civilian spend their equipment allocation (~£350) on prior to a Bastion posting in the Apr-Sept timeframe? Boots are issued, but would you suggest a personal pair? Any pearls of wisdom from the ranks of ARRSE?

Cheers guys.

2. Invest in a humungeous wallet to carry around all the extra shekels you will be receiving.....

• Like Like x 2
  3. BrunoNoMedals

Ha, fair point. Unfortunately it's not me going; I'm asking for a mate. As tempting as it would be to foxtrot oscar for six months on mega-pay (by CS standards) the wife would kill me. Maybe in a few years when the new young family isn't so new or young...

4. A little more details is probably required: Will they be leaving Bastion at any point? Will their job require them to do anything that isn't behind a desk?

5. get an xbox

6. A couple of shirts and trousers from the 5.11 range, couple pairs of socks, couple pair of pants (knickers if he's ex bootneck- but he'll already have them), a 5.11 daysack to carry the naafi run, and a RAB jacket for the colder nights.

Then piss the rest on beer.

7. Life Insurance.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Flying boots since he'll be spending most of his time flying back to Blighty for R&R the soft ****. Still any excuse for a few sherbs in Larndarn.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Apr Sept....dont take a RAB jacket then!! Like people have said depends where he is working. If its DSG then coveralls and **** all else, it gets hot in that Wksp! Anywhere else then you need to be a bit more specific.

10. Have you ever experienced some of that air-conditioning? The horror :)

11. true, although its a solemn occasion so dont take this the wrong way but watching people that spend their life in offices in Bastion and within 2 mins of a Vigil they have creamed in onto the deck with the heat.

12. BrunoNoMedals

It's a project management job so mostly paperwork and running around speaking to people on base. Highly doubt it'll be anything outside Bastion.

It's not a lad, either. I'll be recommending large quantities of condoms.

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

13. We shall of course be needing to see photo's, boobs out stylee!

• Like Like x 1
  14. If she's fit and promiscuous the Bosnian hookers will chuck acid in her face.

15. Don't spunk the cash on 5.11 shite. Tell him to get craghoppers stuff and try to stay away from the Bacon Grhylls stuff otherwise he'll look a twat. Cheap and cheerfull is the way to go then when the contract ends he can just bin the clobber.