• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Civvy nurses working in Field hospital, Discuss

If it is true, then they will have to pay a considerable amount to intice UK nurses to go to Iraq. However, with our TA breathern volunteering so easily, I anticipated no problem in the nursing numbers.

I think this shows the true state of the DMS if it is true.

So over to you Foxy, any civvie nurse out there working or are some people dreaming?

I've just had a phone call from an army oppo in Shaibah. The first thing he mentioned was the nurses there. Apparently some of them are very worthy of a length. Must be civvies then :D

Geordie_Blerk said:
I've just had a phone call from an army oppo in Shaibah. The first thing he mentioned was the nurses there. Apparently some of them are very worthy of a length. Must be civvies then :D
You should see some of the newly trained nurses coming of the conveyor belt these days 8O

Somewhere along the line, somebody mixed up," Fat & ugly" with, "Thin & good looking" and we are now getting some stunners on the scene...........makes me wish I was 10 years younger :cry:

Sluice_dweller said:
DL,
Bet you didn't complain about the standards of nurses when you were ten years younger!
The standard of nurses has not changed in the slightest, 10 years ago he was able to see properly thats all, now age (and an old man's libido) have changed his outlook. :twisted:

I must admit my eyesight is failing me at times and I am possessing a few wrinkles...................but I remember the days when.................and she took off.......................................stood there smiling..........................all QAs did it.......................................had me there.................made me the man (or old man) I am now :wink:

dui-lai said:
I must admit my eyesight is failing me at times and I am possessing a few wrinkles...................but I remember the days when.................and she took off.......................................stood there smiling..........................all QAs did it.......................................had me there.................made me the man (or old man) I am now :wink:
Looks like the senile dementia is starting as well :cry:

it will be over soon DL,

I SAID 'IT WILL BE OVER SOON'

don't you hate it when they start dribbling :roll:

with shabiah field hospitial being clean and most of the staff speaking english and no akward relatives turning up ,and most patients apprectating
treatment or at least doing what they are told .Could quickly see the attraction for civvy nurses also probably being paid vast sums.Anyone know where i sign up :)

woody said:
with shabiah field hospitial being clean and most of the staff speaking english and no akward relatives turning up ,and most patients apprectating
treatment or at least doing what they are told .Could quickly see the attraction for civvy nurses also probably being paid vast sums.Anyone know where i sign up :)
With the current fiscal climate of cutbacks, surely they aren't going to sign up civvies for vast sums when they are making vast numbers redundant (or soon will!)?

Reading what I have written thats too much like common sense......doesn't it? :roll:

Sluice_dweller said:
The standard of nurses has not changed in the slightest, 10 years ago he was able to see properly thats all, now age (and an old man's libido) have changed his outlook.
Laugh, i nearly cried. And i bet hes even married to an ex-QA.

Sssssshhhhhhhh, don't tell anyone :wink:

woody said:
Civvy Nurses, field hospital? been doing it for years, we call them the TA :lol:

Techtechtech said:
woody said:
Civvy Nurses, field hospital? been doing it for years, we call them the TA :lol:
:twisted:

Ventress

LE
How do they get round the ITD requirements and OPTAG training? Oh they must 'cuff it' like everything else prior to a deployment.