Civvy Gazelle Down in Glos

Discussion in 'Aviation' started by Pocoyo, Nov 1, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw a gazelle flying over Hampshire heading northish on friday morning. It had white gearbox and driveshaft panels so it stuck in my mind. Wonder if it the same one?? I cant recall us using white panels for anything although if I'm wrong I'm sure Flash will correct me!!

2. Like this you mean?

[​IMG]

3. Nope, fuselage and tailboom was dark green or black and it had driveshaft covers! I didn't know the crabs flew floppies as well, I thought there was a weight thingy that meant they stuck to bigger cabs?

4. If it had drive shaft covers, it would more than likely be a civvy built Gazelle as opposed to an ex mil one.

5. 8O I'm about 4 miles from Langly hill! Didnt hear a thing?

6. HE SAID THE HELICOPTER CRASHED. NO, THE HELICOPTER. YES, THAT'S RIGHT, THE HELICOPTER. IT CRASHED.

Bless.

Don

7. Timesonline are reporting that the aircraft involved was G-CBXT, a former RAF airframe.

8. Update on the accident;

Sky news

The cab looks a right mess. 8O

9. It was shite weather round here at the time.

I know fcuk all about flying, but icy rain and windy at the time when I was driving about.

Not that has fook all to do with the price of cheese.

10. The Gazelle was the predecessor of the Squirrel. It was used by the WAFUs as well.

11. How much do you reckon a Gazelle would cost on the civ market then? I'd have thought a swift £750,000 in running order? Can anyone enlighten me?

Ta

12. If you google the tail number you get the following photo available:

Attached Files:

13. There's a couple on airliners as well.