Civvy Gazelle Down in Glos

Saw a gazelle flying over Hampshire heading northish on friday morning. It had white gearbox and driveshaft panels so it stuck in my mind. Wonder if it the same one?? I cant recall us using white panels for anything although if I'm wrong I'm sure Flash will correct me!!

Zapped said:
Saw a gazelle flying over Hampshire heading northish on friday morning. It had white gearbox and driveshaft panels so it stuck in my mind. Wonder if it the same one?? I cant recall us using white panels for anything although if I'm wrong I'm sure Flash will correct me!!
Like this you mean?

Nope, fuselage and tailboom was dark green or black and it had driveshaft covers! I didn't know the crabs flew floppies as well, I thought there was a weight thingy that meant they stuck to bigger cabs?

Zapped said:
Nope, fuselage and tailboom was dark green or black and it had driveshaft covers! I didn't know the crabs flew floppies as well, I thought there was a weight thingy that meant they stuck to bigger cabs?
If it had drive shaft covers, it would more than likely be a civvy built Gazelle as opposed to an ex mil one.

leveller said:
8O I'm about 4 miles from Langly hill! Didnt hear a thing?
HE SAID THE HELICOPTER CRASHED. NO, THE HELICOPTER. YES, THAT'S RIGHT, THE HELICOPTER. IT CRASHED.

Bless.

Don

It was shite weather round here at the time.

I know fcuk all about flying, but icy rain and windy at the time when I was driving about.

Not that has fook all to do with the price of cheese.

How much do you reckon a Gazelle would cost on the civ market then? I'd have thought a swift £750,000 in running order? Can anyone enlighten me?

Ta

Bugger. RIP Laurence. :(

Really well respected businessman hereabouts and a good egg.

There seems to have been a few civie gazelles go down recently, is it a hard helo to fly compared to others?

WhiteHorse said:
There seems to have been a few civie gazelles go down recently, is it a hard helo to fly compared to others?
I wouldn't necessarily say harder but it is less forgiving than a Squirrel or a Jetranger for example.

Its not a 'dangerous aircraft' its just that a lot of cheap ex mil aircraft have gone on the market in the recent past which has meant it has put them in the reach of people who wouldn't normally be able to afford or fly a turbine engined helicopter. Despite what some may say, it's actually considered as a 'performance helicopter' and this sometimes catches the unwary or inexperienced out.

Of course, I am in no way suggesting this was the case with this accident. We shall have to wait for the full BOI.

When i switched from sioux to gazzy i frequently came close crapping my self it was s dammned fast one day i was half way to Berlin on my way to wolfebuttle luckly no one shot me dpwn