Civvy camo smock?

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Tartan_Terrier, May 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Wasn't sure where to post this, so please move it to the QM's if that's better.

I'm looking for a new jacket in a civilian camo pattern (Mossy Oak or perhaps Realtree) and ideally I'd like one cut to a similar pattern as the smock I've already got (windproof smock type thingy by Tacgear with loads of pockets).

Is there such a thing available anywhere? Or will I have to make do with something else?

I could also take the badges off the one I already have and just use that, but I'm not sure that I fancy using military gear for stalking/rough shooting.

Any ideas, or opinions guys?

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Get an old belgian dennison!
  3. Na, I've got loads of military stuff both Danish, British and even an old US goretex jacket that I used to wear when they were the top military fashion item here about 10 years ago.
  4. I just went for an Olive Green smock from thesess people.
    Very nice it is too - excellent value.
  5. Perhaps something more formal would be better than a smock

6. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

7. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

My local kit shop (in POMPEY) does windproofs in real tree (or whatever commercial cam it is) I'm sure an internet search will find any number of these things for sale.
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I think you will find that is the Jack Pyke stuff
  9. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nearly but no cigar!
    Jack barsteward!

Have an ask at the Outdoorsman our forum sponsor!
  10. he's even learned to shower regular in the last few year biped that is :twisted:
  11. Jack Pyke stuff is great got some catalogues some where if you want one posted?

Have a large range of decent gear

12. Nah, I've had a Barbour before. Good solid jackets, but if you're active at all you end up wet through.

I'm after something similar to the smock I already have, but preferrably in a civvy camo pattern like Mossy Oak, failing that I may settle for OD.

Actually I just saw one in OD for sale dirt cheap at a German surplus place, but as it's online I've no idea of the quality. Anyone seen these in the flesh?
  13. Got a Jack Pyke smock myself, actually not a bad bit of kit, use it for decoying and a reasonable price too at £52

First thing I did was take the front epaulette off, thinking "What the feck is THAT all about?"

Attached Files: