Civvies drive around RAF base taking photos!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by chocolate_frog, Jan 3, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

• Like Like x 1
  1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

How could they tell the difference between scruffy civvy reptiles and current serving members of the Royal Air Force.

• Like Like x 5
  2. The former have shinier shoes?

3. 'Suddenly I realised it wasn't an open day - there were no refreshment stalls,' Mr Awad said. 8)

• Like Like x 1
  4. And mine still has more likes...

5. They couldn't see the "refreshment stalls" because they were obscured by the RAF Reg WMIKs parked outside.

6. Aye....and you're just sad enough to give a fuck!!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Civvies taking photos on or around an RAF airfield. Must be a slow news day. In RAFG and in particular Gütersloh we had a semi permanent detachment of plane spotters (thinly disguised NVA) on the boundary fence taking shots of anything and everthing that flew in and out. Then there were the "lost" eastern block "civvy" aircraft that strayed over or near military airfields. This latest is a non event.

8. Oh, How little you know me ;D

9. The guy on the gate that waved em through has been offered a senior position with the UK Border Force, and they have also had a whip round to purchase his discharge.

• Like Like x 1
  10. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Same as nearly every airbase in the world,RAF,USAF whatever....At Kinloss we regulary had people walking along the beach at the back of the ESA & down past the dog section,thru the NMSU & out of the back gate.....We got flagged down by a couple once when we was going to the ESA & asked "Is this an airfield?"...I shit you not!

11. Well it was an RAF station so probably count tell the difference between it and Butlins.

• Like Like x 1