Civvie kit advice

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Bernster, Jul 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seeking some help, I have a £200 Go Outdoors gift voucher (leaving present) I am looking to buy a halfway decent set of civvie waterproofs, I want something that will cope with pretty much most of UK conditions so Gortex is a given. Anybody out there purchased anything in the last 6 months at around that price (or a bit over if its worth it) that they are impressed with?

Lazy, I know! but I do like to hear kit testimonies.
  2. Have you tried the Clothing and Equipment thread? Those cagoule fetishists may be able to advise you.
  3. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Berghaus big **** off goretex jacket and zip in fleece is very good - had mine for about 5 years now. Buy one size up from what you normally wear,
  4. Things to consider: How long is the voucher valid - do you need to rush into buying what is there today'ish; I used to go into the Coventry branch of Go every couple of weeks and sometimes they used to get a one off pallet of really nice 'spensive stuff in at xmas sale prices; t'other thing check when they have a sale coming up so you get more for your tokens.

A smidge off topic, but......

I used to mainly use the Outdoor shop in stony stratford, just outside Milton Keynes. They have the best value for money sales I have ever come across. When the sales came round I used to get orders for their sale RAB gear and Montane smocks to send over to Germany and Austria.

The Outdoor Shop - Outdoor Equipment and Clothing for Backpacking, Camping, Trekking, Hiking, Mountaineering, Hill Walking and all other types of Adventure Travel.
  5. I got my Burma pro's from Stony, good shop I agree but no gift tokens for that one.