Civvie ‘Money’ Walts

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CAARPS, Dec 21, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Why is it that some civvies keep banging on about how rich they are as if it somehow makes them awesome? Some examples of this are:

The bloke who turns up at the Army v Navy game in his trying too hard designer gear boasting how loaded he is now that he has finished. And even though you hardly knew him or you didn’t really get on he latches on to you for the day constantly letting you know how life is so much better outside. Funny how the tw*t never seems to be able to find the bar though

Or the bloke you bump into in KAF or Bastion working for KBR but pretending he is Private Security who can’t help letting you know the instant you meet how much better off he is now that he’s doing it on his own terms and why he should of done it years ago. Yet somewhere in the back of your mind you remember him sh*ting himself as he was coming to his run out date.

Or the bloke who comes on to a MILITARY web site and the second you disagree with his point of view, he cant wait to tell you how much better off he is on the outside and how he only has to work for an hour a day to get double what he was getting when he was in. And how sad and institutionalised you are. Yet here he is reminiscing about the good old bad old days

Why do they feel the need, why do they think that any serving soldier cares, if money was a prime motivator for most of us we would have wrapped years ago.

I reckon those who come spouting are in actual fact Money Walts and they should outed

Let the outrage begin :D
  2. Has your rich boyfriend dumped you,hence you are now so bitter and twisted?
  3. I can regale you with tales of being broke if it will help.
  4. I'd like to reply but I have money to spend! toodlepip
  5. i earn shedloads more than i would after 10 years in the army and i only just started. *nods*
  6. I know someone exactly like that, he constantly tells us how he doesn't even need to touch the wages he earns as he has so much money much land he has etc. I always think to myself that its not really impressing anyone and its just making himself look a total prat.
  7. It is hard on the outside, and money can be tight and you have to graft to get anything, however I liked my time in the colours but had to move on due to must leave after 22 years, and I like it outside now too.
  8. Fcuk 'em, Boring cnuts.
  9. Yep, and he left me with an arrse the size of a hula hoop and the texture of a blood orange so my main income generator is now BLR.

Touch a nerve :wink:
  10. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

I only do wealthy and successful Mon-Fri, and then only depending on my meeting schedule.
    On weekends I would lose fashion points to a bricklayer on a Belfast building site......
  11. I earn far less than I would if I'd have joined up.

Then again I am a tedious, pompous, pedantic small-minded little cunt, so maybe I've found my true calling. Money isn't everything after all (except when it's someone else's).
  12. So can I, I am still serving (and married) :D
  13. What outrage would this be :?
  14. I think he is an outrage walt ;)
  15. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Maybe, but he is "considerably richer than yew".....