Civilian Service Rifle competition Bisley 2nd March

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by EX_STAB, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Me sir! :D

Although I have not returned my entry form yet.
  2. Ooh - good point - must get mine in!
  3. Ah! Looks like a pair of knowledgeable types...
    Perhaps you can help.
    Have been looking into various shooting disciplines on the NRA website and have had my interest "tweaked" by the "Service Rifle" category.
    Problem is, trying to get info/advice on starting up hasn't been as easy as finding out about the disciplines themselves. Any suggestions of websites/organisations/groups worth looking at?
    Thanks in advance.
  4. Send a PM with a rough indication of your location. I'm not too up on Wurzelshire - (Although there is a good rifle club in Borchester.. ;) )
  5. A lot of the AR 15 crowd can found on here :roll: bless em!

the old farts tend to shoot Lee Enfields; well me and EX_STAB for starters but as the discipline improves (cheaper entries and acomodation) I may shift from "historical" class to "any iron" and use an L39 with service sights.
    I can thoroughly recomend it.
  6. If it really starts to dominate civvy shooting (as it should) I might even design a new service rifle ;)

How much prize money do you think would be needed to encourage interest?

£500? £1000, £2000?
  7. Anybody staying over on the Saturday night? A Ruby at the usual RV?
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Too busy I'm afraid!
    edited to add, when I'm not working as at the moment then everyone wants my weekend time and as some are willing to pay they take precedence.
  9. Any more?
  10. Slightly off thread but still ref Bisley. Anyone know today's result for the target rifle shooters. Trying to wind up a matelot :D
  11. Full results on the ARA website.

In short:

1. Regular Army
    2. Crabs
    3. RN
    4. TA

RN closer to the top two teams than usual.
  12. Thanks Trident :D
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Did it happen?