Civil Servant Strike

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by westwinger, Oct 22, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Morning All.

Does anyone know if the the "public servants" union gives the go-ahead today:

Are our MOD civil servants going on strike?

If they are, how are they going to fend off the obvious criticism that this is incredibly ill-timed and insensitive given the death defying work of the British Armed Forces at the moment?
  2. X-Inf

X-Inf War Hero Book Reviewer

If the Civil Servants went on strike, how would we know? Who would notice? :twisted:
  3. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Bite :evil:

maybe not X-INF.

As it happens the CivSerps referred to are largely from more bloated and less de-centralised Whitehall depts like NHS and John Prescott's personal clame to fame DETR.

One of the reasons for the very low percentage of Union membership in MoD is because most people won't go on strike - so what's the point of being in a Union?

It is also why the Govt pays lip-service to 'our wonderful Armed Forces and of course the Civil Servants who work hand-in-hand with them and are second to none yah-di-yah-diyah' after EVERY SINGLE CONFLICT .

Blimey, between the contempt of the Armed Forces and the Daily Mail it's a wonder anybody stays in MoD when after all there are so much more rewarding careers to be had......dealing heroin, pimping or being a BLOODY FIREMAN to name but a few!!! :evil:

WTF...I'm outta here!

<<Bon weekend tous>>

Lee Shaver
  4. Country will probably work well for a day then!
  5. I would notice because I wouldn't be constantly surounded by the sound of whinging! Everything from David Beckham (he's crap isn't he) to Challenger (it's crap isn't it). For God's sake go on strike and give us all a rest - we might get something done.

Even a Gazelle stops whining when you switch the engine off.
  6. I think the CHAVS may be more concerned:

7. I can't think of another group that will have less public sympathy! :roll:
  8. Aside from the firefighters that is
  9. Nah - I disagreed with them going on strike for safety reasons and for stiffing the guys for providing cover, I did sympathise with them over the reasons. The Government was fiddling them over pay.

Most of the civil servants are bloody jobs-worths who seem to delight in screwing people about, and there's too bloody many of them sat on the arrses not doing anything productive!

Not that I'm bitter or anything! :wink: