Civil Servant seeking new career

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd laugh if it turned out to be sent by Dominic Cummings.

I don't think that shitting all over the civil service's reputation for impartiality to inform the public of the great secret that ministers are arrogant liars is really a sign of integrity. Or intelligence.
It however does tend to confirm to me that Civil Servants are somewhat unaware of their status as deliverers of government policy.
I do hope that HMG will remind them of their place in the scheme of things when this lot is over because they seem to need reminding.

It says that at least one has some integrity. If they’re outed, then J. K Rowling has said she’ll front up a year’s salary for them too...
If your lexicon defines 'integrity' as a self-righteous need to project your political and social views through your employer's media, then mine must be missing that AL.

It however does tend to confirm to me that Civil Servants are somewhat unaware of their status as deliverers of government policy.
I do hope that HMG will remind them of their place in the scheme of things when this lot is over because they seem to need reminding.
The HCS sees itself as a separate State that works to its own agenda.

It needs to stop because it has no mandate.
Home Office in particular from what I can ascertain.
the HCS ‘Fast Track’ scheme is for recruiting ideologically sound HCS Guardianista reading shock truppen.

the HCS ‘Fast Track’ scheme is for recruiting ideologically sound HCS Guardianista reading shock truppen.
It is easy enough to sort out if the will is present.
There are no excuses for this because the CS are very aware of the rules , they are acting way way outside their remit and it's getting noticed more and more.
I think they are skating upon thin ice.

If your lexicon defines 'integrity' as a self-righteous need to project your political and social views through your employer's media, then mine must be missing that AL.
You are more observant than me. What social views were extended or implied? Unless you mean a social inclination against being lied to? How awful.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
It says that at least one has some integrity. If they’re outed, then J. K Rowling has said she’ll front up a year’s salary for them too...
Nothing to do with the fact that she's not been in the news lately then? Just another celeb gobbing off like the ones that were going to home a Syrian refugee but don't seem to have found space.

You are more observant than me. What social views were extended or implied? Unless you mean a social inclination against being lied to? How awful.
If they have a gripe then sort it out in the courts or stand for election.
The CS are beginning to resemble the tail that wags the dog and seem quite pleased to identify with this position.
It is not their place to formulate policy and it is definitely not their place to be slagging off their elected bosses on a government account.
They are in danger of going 'A Bridge too Far' and I feel it won't go well for them, it's not like they have much public support anyway.
This is Hubris and we all know what comes next.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
good comment on the radio about cummings hating the CS because it is full of over promoted unsackable mongs.

the rules do need to be changed.

S'easy, is that: 'Arrogant and offensive' - he or she has decided that, not only are they offended by what they have seen/heard/guessed but they have awarded themselves the right to be offended on behalf of everyone else. Further, I'm not feeling the love for the political flavour of the current Governing party.

Lied to? Who was lied to? Please advise.

. . . still, only another 4 and a half years and then it will seem to have been just a bad dream . . .

Le_addeur_noir

On ROPS
On ROPs
the CS is totally politicised these days and virulently anti Brexit.
You do of course realise the CS is running the country these days, without the inconvenience of worrying about elections. In their eyes, ministers and Secretaries of State are there to take the flak when things go pear-shaped.

Non-elected and unaccountable chinless wonders operating unchallenged and in secret. Corrupt to boot a few of them are as well.

Like the old joke about the new rocket system called the Civil Servant, It doesn't work and can't be fired.

Nato123

On ROPS
On ROPs
I'd laugh if it turned out to be sent by Dominic Cummings.

I don't think that shitting all over the civil service's reputation for impartiality to inform the public of the great secret that ministers are arrogant liars is really a sign of integrity. Or intelligence.

Like the way you think that we all still believe that the CS has some kind of reputation worth keeping ...bunch of self serving to55ers, terrified of losing their cushy job and pension , and being more than happy to shit over the proles, is the only Rep they've got .

Actingunpaid

Old-Salt
Just can't help themselves can they.Seem to have the same lemming mentality as the BBC.Hope Boris does turn Dom loose on the useless uncivil service and the BBC.Kill them off with compulsory fruit-picking.

You do of course realise the CS is running the country these days, without the inconvenience of worrying about elections. In their eyes, ministers and Secretaries of State are there to take the flak when things go pear-shaped.

Non-elected and unaccountable chinless wonders operating unchallenged and in secret. Corrupt to boot a few of them are as well.

Like the old joke about the new rocket system called the Civil Servant, It doesn't work and can't be fired.
You are preaching to the converted.

the HCS system is a self serving lollipop that recreates itself in its own image.
It recruits from a very thin slice of academe, only the ideologically pure make the cut, the chosen acolytes are greased on their Career path by devout High Priests of the one true left wing liberal religion.

Latest Threads