Civil Servant Cull

Discussion in 'REME' started by Op2death, Dec 27, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've heard on the grape-vine that the impending Civil Servant cull will hurt the LE community...The loss of the Snivil Servants will place a huge burdon on the LE's (Wearing too many hats) within the HQ's, DE&S etc!

Has anyone heard anything on this?

2. No big worries. With your command of the English language, grammar and spelling there should be no problems.

3. No info on this topic then Darkninja?

4. The whole public sector will get kicked to death soon, if only to attract votes!

5. Surely that's one of the quickest ways to lose votes?

6. msr

msr LE

There are far more people in the private sector supporting the public sector through their taxes than are working in the non-economically productive public sector.

msr

7. Are you supposed to make a profit from national security then?

8. Be careful what you wish for.

[MOD Irony mode on]

Yeah, lets get rid of those civvy contractors that clean up the camp. Squaddies can do all the block jobs and area cleaning. They love that. Lets get rid of the cooks. Some of you just need to get out of bed at 0530 to cook everyone breakfast. Stop you moaning about Sodexo. Lets get rid of of the MOD guards and MPGS. Squaddies love stagging on, looking all warry at the front gate, 4 on 4 off day in day out, especially if its wet, cold and a weekend. And after you've done all that, lets see if you can find the time to do some pre-deployment training, and Herrick tours. You don't need any leave or any time with the family. The army is your family, innit?

[MOD Irony mode off]

I am told that it was this kind of life that caused many soldiers to sign off in the 80s-90s. If you bin the snivelling serpents, someone will still have to do the work. Mmmm...Who might that be?

9. Quite so. However, my original statement still stands. God knows the political parties were until recently extremely reticent about discussing public sector fundings cuts, let alone mooting staff cuts.

10. msr

msr LE

Well the Conservatives have been speaking to some Canadians who were involved in their 20% slash of the public sector over there in the 90s.

msr

11. err...Isn't that the way it should be?

ISTRC that the USSR post war under Stalin had more people employed in the repression of it citizens with secret police, border guards, gulag guards etc that all of the workers employed in oil, coal and steel production combined. Now that's utterly unsustainable...

12. Maybe so, but I doubt we will be seeing the Tories making political capitol out of public sector job cuts. I believe the closest reference to any planned cuts will be in terms of "making the public sector more efficient". "cost-effective" etc not planned redundancies and so forth.

13. msr

msr LE

They might not make political publicity out of it... but the only way to restore this country's finances is a wholesale slaughter of the public sector.

14. Civil Service cull is coming - held up whilst the new regs to limit payouts (from upwards of 3 yrs pay to as little as 6mths) were made watertight.

15. Not MSRs!