Civil servant cocks up about Gibraltar

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Negligent-Discharge, Nov 7, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

2. What an idiot, your fired :wave:

3. Mistake-accidental or unofficially 'deliberate'? I wonder... :?

(Tin foil hat firmly in place)

4. Some ministers don't even know where they actually live so how can we expect them to know where a vital piece of Britain's defences and territory lies?

5. Or "unofficially deliberate" may read, back hander from the Spanish. Also reaching for the tin foil hat.

Edited for mongness.

6. What can you expect from this inept and corrupt Government.

7. Precisely why I posted the above thought-it runs true to type,doesn't it?

8. Does anyone remember when some Royal Marines inadvertently "invaded" Spain during training?

9. The good news is we have a Navy that can protect our coastal interests in the area.....

10. Is anyone surprised?

The ineptitude of this government and it's politicised, 'right on' somewhat less than civil service, is precisely positioned to effect such an unbelievable error.

PS: Sorry, 'spiffy' - I used the adjective 'inept' whence you had already described the rubbish acting as our government in the same way.

Upon reflection, 'inept' is barely adequate as a description. May I offer:

CRIMINALLY INCOMPETENT ? Possibly: INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED and MORALLY CORRUPT?

It maybe that the best description could be:

DISASTROUS, DISHONEST, DECEPTIVE and DISGUSTING*

11. This reminds me of a story that a civil servent thought The Shetland Islands were North East of Peterhead in Aberdeenshire, simply because Shetland was shown as an inset in that position on the maps! Hence Shetland became a Gordon Highlanders recruiting area. As recently as 1999 A civil servent in the MoD looking for transport savings decreed that Kirkwall and Lerwick TA centres, "Weren't that far apart"! and could share transport, of course ommitting the fact there was a large area of water between them and had no direct road links!

Could all be urban myths now!

12. Does anyone in Brownland get a say in anything? Is anyone living in the Bliar/Brown Soviet surprised?

Probably our real prime minister - Mandelson (unelected of course as is anyone of influence in the Soviet of Europe) - sent an instruction to the fool concerned, in order to please the members of The Supreme Soviet.

13. How much do we stand to save per year by handing it over and binning the Gib Regiment?

14. Accidental?| My fooking arse.