Civil servant cocks up about Gibraltar

#5
jboldie said:
Mistake-accidental or unofficially 'deliberate'? I wonder... :?

(Tin foil hat firmly in place)
Or "unofficially deliberate" may read, back hander from the Spanish. Also reaching for the tin foil hat.







Edited for mongness.
 
#9
The good news is we have a Navy that can protect our coastal interests in the area.....
 
#10
Is anyone surprised?

The ineptitude of this government and it's politicised, 'right on' somewhat less than civil service, is precisely positioned to effect such an unbelievable error.

PS: Sorry, 'spiffy' - I used the adjective 'inept' whence you had already described the rubbish acting as our government in the same way.

Upon reflection, 'inept' is barely adequate as a description. May I offer:

CRIMINALLY INCOMPETENT ? Possibly: INTELLECTUALLY CHALLENGED and MORALLY CORRUPT?

It maybe that the best description could be:

DISASTROUS, DISHONEST, DECEPTIVE and DISGUSTING*
 
#11
This reminds me of a story that a civil servent thought The Shetland Islands were North East of Peterhead in Aberdeenshire, simply because Shetland was shown as an inset in that position on the maps! Hence Shetland became a Gordon Highlanders recruiting area. As recently as 1999 A civil servent in the MoD looking for transport savings decreed that Kirkwall and Lerwick TA centres, "Weren't that far apart"! and could share transport, of course ommitting the fact there was a large area of water between them and had no direct road links!

Could all be urban myths now!
 
#13
StickyEnd said:
Negligent-Discharge said:
It looks like we've just handed over The Rock to the Spanish... see http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...perwork-mistake-puts-sovereignty-at-risk.html :x
Do the people that live on Gibraltar not get a say in the matter?
Does anyone in Brownland get a say in anything? Is anyone living in the Bliar/Brown Soviet surprised?

Probably our real prime minister - Mandelson (unelected of course as is anyone of influence in the Soviet of Europe) - sent an instruction to the fool concerned, in order to please the members of The Supreme Soviet.
 
#14
jboldie said:
Mistake-accidental or unofficially 'deliberate'? I wonder... :?

(Tin foil hat firmly in place)
How much do we stand to save per year by handing it over and binning the Gib Regiment?
 
#16
Markintime said:
Some ministers don't even know where they actually live so how can we expect them to know where a vital piece of Britain's defences and territory lies?
Vital to our Defences? Are we still in the 1940's?
 
#19
llech said:
Markintime said:
llech said:
Markintime said:
Some ministers don't even know where they actually live so how can we expect them to know where a vital piece of Britain's defences and territory lies?
Vital to our Defences? Are we still in the 1940's?
Artistic licence :D
Come here to Wales it's like going back to the 1840's!
NO!NOT quite that far,try the 70's,80's when old Ivan was on the go. TRY also Argentina in the 80's,and now sabre rattling again,along with the vast majority of those who live on the Rock who donot wish to be Spanish! Also I might add that Ivan is once again beginning to make apperances in places likely to cause problems for our security. Please remove green vegetable from orrifice and look around.
 
#20
countymounty said:
llech said:
Markintime said:
llech said:
Markintime said:
Some ministers don't even know where they actually live so how can we expect them to know where a vital piece of Britain's defences and territory lies?
Vital to our Defences? Are we still in the 1940's?
Artistic licence :D
Come here to Wales it's like going back to the 1840's!
NO!NOT quite that far,try the 70's,80's when old Ivan was on the go. TRY also Argentina in the 80's,and now sabre rattling again,along with the vast majority of those who live on the Rock who donot wish to be Spanish! Also I might add that Ivan is once again beginning to make apperances in places likely to cause problems for our security. Please remove green vegetable from orrifice and look around.
Well it is handy to have a friendly port/ airstrip a few hundred miles closer to where the future possible action is likely to be. The natives are not a friendly as they once were but then again who can blame then as for the last 20years or so British Governments, of both parties, have been more interested in not upsetting our European partners (ie the Spaniards) than doing the moral thing. Still nothing really changes.
 

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top