Civil Partnership after joining?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by hammstarr, Aug 20, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have asked my recruiter this but didn't get a definite answer. Im hoping to be starting in the army early next year and have my civil partnership booked for June next year too. Can i still get wed if it falls after training? Any help would be appreciated.
  2. Homosexuals can't get married - they can, unfortunately, have a civil partnership.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. No need for biggotry. i simply needed to know how training etc would be affected.
  4. Apart from trying to run with a bleeding ring piece?

You should'nt have any issues having your civil partnership.
  5. bummer
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Hmm do you speak to all women like that?
  7. Forastero

Forastero LE Moderator

Oh shut up you boring individual. Why is it the 'minorities' always get offended by words on a screen? Lighten up or bugger off.
    • Like Like x 9
  8. Are you a wench then? I was just saying its a bummer.

So what is a civil partnership then? Is it a gay thing?
  9. A civil partnership is when a same sex couple gets married (Yes, yes, without the 'marriage' part, I know.)
  10. Its because its one of the few ways they can bring attention to themselves. As an example, the gay pride parade. Gay people have loads of rights, and its ok to be gay these days, yet there still has to be a gay rights parade. The gay parades were to bring attention to their "cause" its probably there to get more benders.

Its the same with black people.....they have more rights then white people now, yet we have to have black history month and shit like that.
    • Like Like x 5
  11. I think you need to chill. It's only banter, your on the the wrong site if you want straight answers.

But for all it's worth, yes you can. However if it effects trg, for example if it's more than a few days then you risk falling behind. Depending on what stage of trg your at. Etc etc
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Sounds odd. So, you get married.....but you don't get married?
  13. 2/10

Must try harder. Do not see me - ever.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Why should you being female make an ounce of difference?

DO you expect your training staff to be holding doors open for you etc

Equality when it suits?

Incidentally, are you a fit bean flicker or a big butch ugly one?

It matters, as it affects how I address you from here on
    • Like Like x 2