Civil partner at mess function

Hi guys I am writing to ask if any of you know anyone who has brought their civil partner to a mess function. im proud to be gay but i think i might be rubbing everyones face in it if i bring my sexy parner to a mess function. do i need permission from the RSM or can i bring him like any other pernter.

Thanks to equality legislation you are indeed free to bring your civil partner to the mess function. No one will be bothered as gays just mean more rampant totty for us real men!

Oh and be careful with the phrase "Rubbing faces in it"

Your "married" arnt you, just go, dont start down the road of what other people think, even so I people look at you, so what loads of people dont like other peoples wifes, doesnt make it a hate thing. Go along and enjoy yourselves.

shite wah.

Will you be wearing the uniform of one rank higher than you are entitled to on this occasion? Sorry that your plan to be married heterosexually dressed as a 2nd Lt fell through. :twisted:

I take it that its a cpls mess function, since you are a Cpl looking at commissioning.

yes its a cpls mess function we are living together and looking to get married soon so techncaly we ar not civil partners but common law partners and im not sure how people will react if i take him to a function

yes its a cpls mess function we are living together and looking to get married soon so techncaly we ar not civil partners but common law partners and im not sure how people will react if i take him to a function
If you're not married to him, he's not your "common law partner" he's just your bit of fluff. Leave him at home and reign in your desire for attention.

You have got to be the biggest attention seeking wah whore on this site. Do everyone a favour and go and play in the traffic.

Nonsense, there is no such thing as a "common law partner/marriage".

From the Government website:

There is no such thing as ‘common law marriage’.
Most people think that, after they've been living with their partner for a couple of years, they become 'common law husband and wife' with the same rights as married couples. This is not the case. In fact, couples who live together have hardly any of the same rights as married couples or civil partners.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Just take him along - he is your choice not theirs. And anyway, I am sure the RSM would thank you for helping him make up the Christmas Duties List.

So he's just your boyfriend, well if you (everyone) are allow their B/f G/f regardless of marraige along then by all means take him, however if is just a married thingy, then no

The Law on Living Together and Cohabititation
If you have just been living together then you should be aware that there is no such thing in English law as a "common law wife" (or husband for that matter). If you live together and your relationship breaks down then it is each man or woman for themselves.

"boy wonder"

Why don't you revert back to your usual username. You were probably funnier in that role.

Your ability to function as a decent wind up merchant is now close to zero. (As there are always the odd gullible ones you can net)

I suspect you have already drafted out a couple more threads involving payday, basic kit and shirt sleeve order.

Honestly, put "boy wonder" to sleep.

Take him and when it's that time at the end of the night when the lights go low, the alcohol has long kicked-in and Lionel Ritchie has hit the decks, get out they with the other couples to sway monotonously, like a metronome on depressants, from foot-to-foot and tongue your way through the whole medley. It'll finish a great evening I'm sure.

Seriously, do it. I know a few lezzer SNCO's who take their partners to Mess functions. No big deal. Except I wouldn't tell them both as they're both hard as nails