Civil Contingencies Research

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by MrPVRd, Nov 9, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have a favour to ask....

I'm writing a book for National Novel Writing Month. Target is 50,000 words in November and I'm 17,000 words into it. It's a horror rampage in the style of James Herbert and involves a mass disease outbreak in a furred species... not rats! I'm trying for authenticity and I've included details of COBR Level 3 emergency etc plus a rollout of Armed Forces based on the regional forces divisional structure.

Can anyone point me in the direction of information on civil contingencies/MACP at divisional and brigade level? I've used the I've tried to find information on Fresco and FMD (whatever that was called again) with a little bit of success. I remember people being grabbed randomly for Fresco duties but for some reason Personnel and Training Command missed me out. FMD details would be good as this involves wasting lots of animals.

This is my second book ... first one is a crime thriller that will be out next month. So I hope I know a little bit about what I'm doing.... ;-)
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If you want your crime thriller book reviewed on ARRSE drop me a PM
  3. Great! It should be released in December according to the latest from the publisher... just in time for Waterstones to stock it after the Christmas rush. Owe you a beer - two beers if it is a good review ;-)
  4. If you require additional research material why not attend the EMERGENCY SERVICES SHOW at Stoneleigh Park nr to Coventry on the 23rd & 24th November 2011.

See; The Emergency Services Show 2011

Admission is free but you have to prebook your ticket.

Show stands manned by all the major players including Military Units.
  5. JDP02 informs a broad military and civilian readership and provides:- Guidance on the nature, planning, C2 and conduct of MACA and MO.- An overview of Government policy regarding the management of emergencies and the Integrated Emergency Management (IEM) System.- An outline of the various civil agencies' responsibilities, command arrangements and capabilities.- Details of the legal and constitutional basis for MACA Provision and associated procedures. If you need a copy PM me if not google on defence Intranet
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Many thanks! I'll get on to this!