civi kit

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by VinyardTD, Aug 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just about to deploy on my first operational tour with myself and a few others from my RA TA unit attaching to a regular unit before heading off to Chilwell for pre-deplyment,
    just wondering how much civi gear you guys that have already been out in Iraq took with you? I know there probably wont be to much time spent in civi gear depending on what role you play out there, but as a general idea, i dont wanna show up with my bags overly packed with stuff ill never use.

got the 50kg comfort box
    my own bergen
    and an infanty bergen issued

but the general rule seems to be if you can carry it, you can take it.
    what you guys think is enough?

2. civi pt kit and 1 set of civis is all I ever took with me anywhere....

3. Shorts, flip flops, oh, take some fcuking sink plugs

4. jmj

jmj Old-Salt

You'll probably want to ditch one of those bergens.. You'll get a huge black holdall issed at Chillwell along with all your gear, I'd take that (much bigger than a bergen).

There *is* a weight limit on the flight, so put as much heavy stuff in the MFO box as you can. You'll probably find that it's also one box between two, so 25kg each!

I took a few t shirts and walking type trousers (nice and light) which was fine.

Good luck and have a safe one!

5. Laptop/DVD player. There are tonnes of DVDs to be had out there dirt cheap and the box set ones are of very high quality for not very many dollars. Your brief periods of excitement will most certainly be interspersed with protracted periods of boredom!
    Unless of course you're off to SLB. In which case, get yourself into Horsely Lines cookhouse for a quick ogle every now and again. That ought to take your mind of things for a while....
    You'll certainly need at least one set of civvi kit for the R&R flight home to Brize if you're taking public transport from there on.