civi jobs

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by mission, Dec 13, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I'm thinkin bout gettin out after 7 yrs. I'm a cl 1 LCpl RSOP done alot of data comms and prob gonna do management courses on my resttlement. Any ideas of a good part of the publlic sector to get into. ???
  2. Get yourself Cisco certified and you could easily be in the £50k-£80k range with approximately a years civi experience.
    IT is the way to go.
  3. How about becoming a pimp?

Always fancied it myself, imagine the job satisfaction. You can work from home, have loads of dirty sluts waiting on you hand and foot, and get blown off at the click of your fingers. Why not wait until you get your eight year money, then go to some minging eastern europeon country where you could probably buy a dozen chicks, and probably a housing estate to go with them. The birds may resemble the cheeky girls, but who cares, just a bag over the head and a good feed up at macdonnalds and they will look fine. i know its not spelt like this, but why not open up some where in chinoble (nuclear fallout place), you could double hat it as a brothel and freak show, who wouldnt want to shag a bird with 4 tits!

if you wanted a serious answer, sorry but i dont have one.
  4. tracer = knoXXer

the lad asks a simple and you come back with a remark like that :(
  5. Wise words from Goku...Cisco's the way...But get some PRINCE2 in as well, Cisco bubble isn't going to burst, as such, but there's a hell of a lot more guys cutting about now with the quals, and PRINCE2 will likely be the methodology for delivering your Cisco soloution, almost definitely if its public sector. Oh, and a good CV is what gets you the interview, so don't overlook that either... Good luck mate.
  6. milkybar = nosher

get a life, im only having a laugh.
  7. :lol: :lol: :lol: bite all the best
  8. Mission PM me, been out four years now Cisco & Prince 2 qualed. Own company for tax reasons it the way ahead. Glad to help.
  9. Don’t forget that as a soldier you have security clearance, that’s worth a lot of money on civi street. It gets you into the better paid jobs, I certainly take full advantage of mine.
  10. Goku's right security clearance is a good ticket.
  11. SC goes a loooong way...often overlooked in civi world, but it can help you out no end :wink:
  12. There are 2 ways to go - i got out in 94, phase 3.

i now work in local government as a networks consultant - the money is ok around £32k, but the perks are great, Flexi-time, 35 days hols, time off for TA, and all the bank holidays. i am CCNA (CISCO Basic Qual), ISO9000 Quality auditor and have done Prince2 in Theory Only, (this was an in house course) I work 37 hours a week and get time and a half.

however if i was 10 years younger - ie mid to late 20's i would be contracting and earning the big K's, it is out there, it just depends what you want to do with your life. Work your tatties off for a few years or just canter through and enjoy the time off.

i think if you can get VOIP and Wireless Quals they are coming through now especially as all the security issues are sorted.

Best of luck - and don't toss your resettlement away - i did - not worth it - do something worthwhile.
  13. take a look at and see what the big GBP are pulling in, however I know from my time with HMG that once they (and other organisations) start sending you on courses they make you sign up that if you bail out within 1-2 years you have to pay the course fee back dependant upon course (not RSA typing!)
  14. You won't get 50 - 80K unless you are CCNP at least. The vetting thing is a good one though and my clearance has landed me in a very good, well paid and comfortable job. I have done a VOIP course with Siemens and MAY be the way forwards. Better to have it than not. Also look at too
    Make sure your CV is good too. Don't get too disheartened is agencies don't follow up cold calls that they make to you, they are shoddy in the way they treat you. PRINCE2 is the way forwards

15. I've been out since 99, (ex RTG) you can pull in easily £25-£65 (depending on what workload you like) doing fairly non-specific IT consultancy/project tasking for civy companies whilst building up more civ skills, and one job always leads to another. Talking to (good) agencies is pretty essential though in this day and age cos the IT job market's pretty much their party now. Most companies like ex-squaddies but be prepared to re-write your CV again and again to make civvy-readable sense of the mil stuff you've done...