Civi EOD

Discussion in 'Sappers' started by sappagirl, Apr 8, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey,

Does anyone know of any civi EOD courses that are run? Im interested in going into that line of work as a civi job, usually most guys working for EOD contractors are ex mil but wondered if there were any courses outside of the army that will offer a similar qualification?

PM me if i make no sense whatsoever! :)
    Ta

2. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Got to be a wah :D

3. Nope, not a wah im afraid!

4. why's that a wah?? my mate done a course where you work alongside dogs to find the mines and such and offers lucrative work in bosnia and that. i'll pm him and find out the company name and some dets for ya!

5. RAMC :? :? :? :?

6. no no it was a civi company. he was in the corps. canadian bloke who'd done it in bosnia and that. he loved a good old ied!!

7. We have a bloke who works along side us who has never been Mil, did a civie course in EOD, ex squadie mate of mine also did the civie course.
    There is one out there mate but i could'nt tell you who or where its run.
    Not much help really.

8. do a search on the internet, i'm sure there was a civi cousre based not far from Gib Barracks

9. If you're serious, I can recommend the International School for Search and Explosives Engineers 12 miles west of Salisbury (link).

10. Thanks Dunservin- really helpful that link.

11. Who, ME??? I thought it was you keefers but wasn't sure!

The course I did many moons ago was run by the BH MAC in Bosnia, and therefore the chance of getting on one now are slim to none, especially if you are not a local. It was the Basic humanitarian deminer anyways, not EOD per se.

There are far better informed bods on this website with regards to EOD matters, I'll defer to their knowledge.

12. No hope in hell about getting a course in Bosnia and you wouldn't work for the money they pay locals anyway!

ISSEE is to be thoroughly recommended as a basic grounding. I recently took some Bosnia military through and the course was excellent.

However unless you are very well qualified the big bucks aren't there.

13. Giz a job then R_M.

14. When are you leaving Dingerr?

Edited once for mong spelling :oops:

15. Few years yet. (unless i win the lottery).