civi boots, shoes for ops

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DAKOTA_STAB, Jul 1, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Was looking for a second pair of shoes / boots to wear with my dessies but will also double up for wearing with a pair of civi trousers for off duty moments and of course can still be used when i get back from theatre.

my initial thoughts are the karrimor KSB mounts.
    has anyone used these and got any good feedback on them, are they fit for purpose or would you go with a completely different set of footwear, i'm open to suggestions as i dont want to waste space taking excess kit.

discuss of course cheers troops
  2. What's your role out there?

edited - monghands
  3. What happened to Flip-Flops?
  4. Bearing in mind that civvy cloths are now not allowed to be worn outside your personal dwelling in Bastion.
  5. based up in KAF, nothing warry,just some remfie job, was just looking to cut down on weight and kill two birds with one stone so to speak.

real job sent via pm mate.
  6. Well then, still why not flip-flops :)
  7. flip flops are the way forward then, the badge might have something to say but he can argu with arrse
  8. The old ankle high desert boots would fit the bill I think - if you can find some.
  9. KAF - slippers it is then mate!
  10. Yep ,great idea !

and the NSN is 8430 99 241 6139 - Desert non-combat suede boot.
    They are the ankle high suede desert boots....and they are still current! :D

Attached Files:

11. g4eddie's ones are marked as "not for use in Operational Theatres". Funny, I'm sure mine were issued to me prior to Op GRANBY!
  12. The older ones with the toecap were smarter.
  13. Don't forget para cord for laces!