City workers train to fight Taliban. BBC Report

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Ravers, Sep 30, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

2. Does the HAC take women now then?
  3. Ravers

Yes. None have made it through PSC yet so they usually end up in Med wing or Sigs Sqn.
  4. Reminded me of years gone past (b4 92)
  5. Luckily the Screw clarified they where enemy Taliban, as opposed to the other kind.
  6. Is it just me, or is a man named J izz going to be carrying the stretcher?
  7. Yeah, I noticed that to.. He is called ****.. Cracking stuff! lol
  8. Ravers

That is actually his nickname. He featured rather prominently on the ally star thread a few months ago looking fairly windswept and carrying a Minimi.
  9. This isnt a wah, but how many HAC actually deploy to Afghan in relation to the size of their regiment? I have heard rumblings from other TA, and, indeed regular guys about how few (proportionately) mobilise on ops.
  10. I think they are about to send 20.
  11. Ravers

12. No one dares send the HAC anywhere - the impact from the loss of all those bankers would result in the economy being right in the clag.

Oh, hang on...
  13. I suppose it depends how many STA troops or any of the other roles there are in the Regimentwho are diffy in whatever Bde is deploying.

I take it we are not talking about the pike men here?

Seeing as things are not well in the economy at the moment and there were rumbles of this in early 2008 when it was the talk of the Coy dinner I was kindly invited to. I am guessing that when the axe appears to be about the fall it would be unwise to ask for a few months off.

Remember, so far all mobilisations are voluntary and if that doesn't play well with the Boss, why risk it?
  14. Filling in gaps in gunner regiments wherever they can find them I hear since there are not really any STA patrol jobs left in the army. Lots of high priced help doing privates jobs to keep the mobilisation statistics up and look good when it comes to the chop. Say what you may about the City boys, but they know how to do their politics.
  15. I'm sure that the parents of Trooper Jack Sadler would be delighted with your pithy analysis.