City workers train to fight Taliban. BBC Report

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yes. None have made it through PSC yet so they usually end up in Med wing or Sigs Sqn.

Luckily the Screw clarified they where enemy Taliban, as opposed to the other kind.

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Hedphelym said:
Is it just me, or is a man named J izz going to be carrying the stretcher?
That is actually his nickname. He featured rather prominently on the ally star thread a few months ago looking fairly windswept and carrying a Minimi.

This isnt a wah, but how many HAC actually deploy to Afghan in relation to the size of their regiment? I have heard rumblings from other TA, and, indeed regular guys about how few (proportionately) mobilise on ops.

ub2008 said:
This isnt a wah, but how many HAC actually deploy to Afghan in relation to the size of their regiment? I have heard rumblings from other TA, and, indeed regular guys about how few (proportionately) mobilise on ops.
No one dares send the HAC anywhere - the impact from the loss of all those bankers would result in the economy being right in the clag.

Oh, hang on...

I suppose it depends how many STA troops or any of the other roles there are in the Regimentwho are diffy in whatever Bde is deploying.

I take it we are not talking about the pike men here?

Seeing as things are not well in the economy at the moment and there were rumbles of this in early 2008 when it was the talk of the Coy dinner I was kindly invited to. I am guessing that when the axe appears to be about the fall it would be unwise to ask for a few months off.

Remember, so far all mobilisations are voluntary and if that doesn't play well with the Boss, why risk it?

tearsbeforebedtime said:
I suppose it depends how many STA troops or any of the other roles there are in the Regimentwho are diffy in whatever Bde is deploying.
Filling in gaps in gunner regiments wherever they can find them I hear since there are not really any STA patrol jobs left in the army. Lots of high priced help doing privates jobs to keep the mobilisation statistics up and look good when it comes to the chop. Say what you may about the City boys, but they know how to do their politics.

I'm sure that the parents of Trooper Jack Sadler would be delighted with your pithy analysis.

Clown.

Good on them I reckon. I imagine there are plenty of them who live very cushy civvy lives with nice houses, cars and lifestyles that come with being in big city jobs. Yet some of them are willing to cam up, throw a set of webbing on and go and fight.

I can't fault that and wish them the best of luck on their up and coming tour.

Bravo_Bravo said:
I'm sure that the parents of Trooper Jack Sadler would be delighted with your pithy analysis.

Clown.
I'm sure he meant in no way to offend the family and by making that comment you only serve to make it an issue. His points are valid about the organisation.

The individuals with in it on the other hand......

"Is it just me, or is a man named J izz going to be carrying the stretcher?"

Correct. I'm sitting with him now watching a girlie movie.. Cashback.

So they mobilise just enough to not get chopped/downsized, but in comparison to a TA infantry regiment like the rifles, they dont mobilise very much at all. Fair enough.
Why is jack sadler always brought up whenever anyone tries to criticise the HAC? His death was a tragedy, as is any death of a british soldier. Im not trying to be imflammatory, but there are TA regiments who have lost a few more in Afghanistan, and I believe that Mr Sadler was the only soldier the HAC have lost in combat since the Second World War.

ub2008 said:
So they mobilise just enough to not get chopped/downsized, but in comparison to a TA infantry regiment like the rifles, they dont mobilise very much at all. Fair enough.
Why is jack sadler always brought up whenever anyone tries to criticise the HAC? His death was a tragedy, as is any death of a british soldier. Im not trying to be imflammatory, but there are TA regiments who have lost a few more in Afghanistan, and I believe that Mr Sadler was the only soldier the HAC have lost in combat since the Second World War.

Oh God. Not again.

If we had a role like the Rifles/Inf then we would mobilise like them. We dont.

The parts of the HAC that do inf and other type jobs go to inf or other type units, those that dont dont.

The members with the STA qual go usually to the BRF, dont ask me why, and if you dont agree then tough, argue it out with the powers that be.

Others in the Reg who are not STA qualed also mobilise doing other important jobs at FOB's. Cant and will not say more on that, but at the end of the day if you are so low down the food chain that you dont know what we do and why we are still about and have the highest MTD allowance in London then you dont need to know, and asking on a internet site and then arguing with the answer will not help or change the fact that we do and you....dont. (Know that is)