City Salute with Prince William & Harry

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by spike7451, May 7, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Just saw this on the planner!Looks like Auntie are trying to increase the awareness of what our lads do.
    Also dont miss the programme on BBC1 this Sunday at 1525Hrs,A heroes Welcome.

BBC2 2000Hrs 07/05/08

"London plays host to the Navy,Army & Air Force for a unique event to raise awareness of the sacrifices made thruought the world by British Servicemen & Women"

Hope Joe public sit up & take note!Mind you,it's on at the same time as some sh1t called 'The British Soap Awards" on ITV.

(mdn,sorry to post this here instead of the correct thread,but the Naafi gets more 'traffic'.)
  2. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Keep your eyes peeled for the several Arrsers in attendance, especially in the SAAFA hospitality tent!!
  3. Now it is a safe bet that both Wills and Harry will look at one arrser in particular and think ding dong ............ however am sure her pooch will fend off the 2 gents and keep her honour intact.
  4. Going to watch, but what is it? An event? Documentry? Etc...
  5. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Today is a Parade etc.

Sunday is the Windsor Tatoo.
  6. Starts in 5 mins on BBC2.
  7. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

See Clarson's hosting it!No sign of any politico's yet!
  8. 3 x Typhoon just flew over my flat in a rather nice vic formation. Looked awfully sexy. Now I don't know much about aeroplanes but I subscribe to the 'if it looks right, it probably is right' school of thought.

And they looked right!

Just a pity there weren't more of them!
  9. im watching it now, with a lump in my throat and tears in my eyes.
    I salute you !
  10. Who are the pikemen? Trying to watch it but my signal is gash and jumpy.
  11. looks like a pretty good turnout down there!
  12. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Me too! Must dust tommorrow..
    The Bootie is one lucky & brave barsteward! Lucky for having such a loving fiance & brave to endure what he has & if the RM discharge him,then it's their loss.
    Well done to all our lads & lassies,and thanks.
  13. Dust in the eye or the onset of hayfever when showing the video about the Royal.
  14. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Nice to see Harry & Wills in the trenches with the troops & not stuck on some podium.
  15. kempy is up