City of Goole?

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Markintime, Mar 8, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've just seen on Look North that Goole is going to apply to become a City. This is the shithole that neither East or South Yorkshire nor Lincolnshire wanted when the despised Humberside was broken up.

I'd sooner see Wetwang given it. Who would you vote for?
  2. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

Always been West Riding as far as I'm concerned. Used to be good for a night out as long as you like Darley's and pickled eggs. Haven't been to Wetwang since 1974. Has it changed much?
  3. Do all the Fool's live in Goole.......?
  4. i think ive heard of one from there lol!
  5. There's a good chip shop in Wetwang....

All for Goole becoming a city! All that's in the town are bookmakers, tattoo parlours, charity shops and Eastern Europeans. It's a complete shithole, I can't think of a good thing to say about the place and I was only there 3 days ago.
  6. I'm a Goolie and proud. Was West Riding when I was born and, like BL says, always will be. I have to agree with the other posters though, Goole is a complete shithole. I spend every second weekend there and can't wait to leave.
  7. HHH

HHH LE

so a couple from goole would be known as a pair of goolies !!
  8. My vote is with Wetwang - the OM lives there. As for Goole - WFT?
  9. On the bright side, it is close to the motorway so you can get away quickly.
  10. No you're not, I've met you, you're normal with only one head.
  11. Having spent some time in E Yorks recently, I can confirm that Wetwang is a better place to be than Goole (or anywhere near there). If Typhoo put the T in Britain, who put the cnut in Scunthorpe?

Wetwang gives you a warm comforting feeling as you pass through. In Goole, you are clutching your wallet, windows locked, (and it gives you a pain ......!!
  12. But 12 fingers!
  13. Southend-on-sea council want to get this as well, the bunch of twats, and I sincerely hope they don't get it! They cock up so much and waste so much money, and speak with forked tongues...

I would rather that Chelmsford had it instead.
  14. That actually explains quite a lot!
  15. Thing is i used to go to school near Goole,and i think i may know who you mean,lol !