City of Goole?

I've just seen on Look North that Goole is going to apply to become a City. This is the shithole that neither East or South Yorkshire nor Lincolnshire wanted when the despised Humberside was broken up.

I'd sooner see Wetwang given it. Who would you vote for?

Brotherton Lad

LE
Kit Reviewer
Always been West Riding as far as I'm concerned. Used to be good for a night out as long as you like Darley's and pickled eggs. Haven't been to Wetwang since 1974. Has it changed much?

There's a good chip shop in Wetwang....

All for Goole becoming a city! All that's in the town are bookmakers, tattoo parlours, charity shops and Eastern Europeans. It's a complete shithole, I can't think of a good thing to say about the place and I was only there 3 days ago.

I'm a Goolie and proud. Was West Riding when I was born and, like BL says, always will be. I have to agree with the other posters though, Goole is a complete shithole. I spend every second weekend there and can't wait to leave.

so a couple from goole would be known as a pair of goolies !!

I'm a Goolie and proud. Was West Riding when I was born and, like BL says, always will be. I have to agree with the other posters though, Goole is a complete shithole. I spend every second weekend there and can't wait to leave.
On the bright side, it is close to the motorway so you can get away quickly.

Having spent some time in E Yorks recently, I can confirm that Wetwang is a better place to be than Goole (or anywhere near there). If Typhoo put the T in Britain, who put the cnut in Scunthorpe?

Wetwang gives you a warm comforting feeling as you pass through. In Goole, you are clutching your wallet, windows locked, (and it gives you a pain ......!!

Southend-on-sea council want to get this as well, the bunch of twats, and I sincerely hope they don't get it! They cock up so much and waste so much money, and speak with forked tongues...

I would rather that Chelmsford had it instead.

B

Bottleosmoke

That actually explains quite a lot!

Southend-on-sea council want to get this as well, the bunch of twats, and I sincerely hope they don't get it! They cock up so much and waste so much money, and speak with forked tongues...

I would rather that Chelmsford had it instead.
Or Colchester???

Stilts

Just had to google both Goole & Wetwang to make sure this wasn't a wind-up...
(still not sure!)
I've travelled a fair bit (& been drunk in most of the cities of the UK) but these two were new to me!

Met up with Goole RFC on tour in Belgium in 1998 and a couple of years later in Prague. They were using the same tour agent as us - nothing sinister! On returning to the hotel in Prague we found one of their lads comatose in the lobby. We placed him in the recovery position and then our scrum half took a condom and stretched it, spat into it for that just jizzed effect and poked it into the bloke's arse crack with a pencil.

He wasn't there in the morning...I do so hope he didn't waste any money on an AIDS test...