City Honours Afgan Heroes

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by walter_mitless, Sep 28, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Can't quite believe this, but the billboards in our City today display the legend...."City to Honour Afghan Heroes"

Makes a change to the last time a funeral service was held in the local Church, top brass there, troops attending to remember their mates .

Joe Public didn't give a toss at that time. If you're reading this and you haven't ever sent a parcel, or never done anything for your troops at all, or actually done anything to support these grand, and innocent folks just doing their jobs with more balls than most of us, well......
  2. Had to bump this one, thought it needed some further attention
  4. My pleasure "Oz" mate.

I like prison food.
  5. FFS, doesnt make you ................. if you dont send parcels out or physically do anything. Why isnt just supporting enough.

Feck Ive only ever sent packages to my OH.
  6. What is this all about? What city, which Afghans?
    Who should I have sent parcels to and what should be in them?
    What counts as supporting the troops? Jaysus, I was one for 24 years and they are in my heart and mind. Could you not state what it is you actually want in plain language?
  7. Why have I got to send parcels to these afghan heroes? I want to support the Brit heroes not the Afghan ones. It's not fair this is just too much................
  8. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

Maybe could interpret it as an attack on members of a military website for not supporting troops, which is a bit odd. I could be wrong though, i have manflu at the moment after all.
  9. why the feck are your city supporting the taleban?
  10. I have just sat through the whole of series 1 of Heroes on DVD and I can't find any Afghans in it. And anyway why would I want to send food parcels to a bunch of spam actors?!
  11. No, you idiots.

They are dogs - Afghan hounds who recently rescued someone from drowning. I believe the individual saved played football for the blue side of Manchester and the team are inviting dogs (and owners) to next home match.

City to Honour Afghan Heroes.