Citrulline Malate

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Daz_of_hudds, Jan 14, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey, getting ready for the tough guy event in 3 weeks.

Do you think this stuff will be a waste of money or will it actually have an effect?

Citrulline Malate

Cheers

Daz

2. Can't help with the benefits side - although the reviewers look happy with it

- I would ask to see a more recent Certificate of Analysis though before purchase

3. Beware if you have any sort of heart issues. "Maleate", which may or may not be the same as "malate" is an ester of malic acid, and can give you severe palpitations. Make sure of it first.

4. I've seen studies that lean towards Citrulline Malate being a placebo.

Have a look into beta alanine.

5. Ta already ordered the Citrulline Malate but the Beta alanine looks awesome and great reviews. Would it be wise to get both and mix the two?

Daz :?

6. Once again, I don't believe the CM is worth anything, but I don't see it having a detrimental effect on the uptake of beta alanine.

Just don't be put off by the tingling effect of BA and spread out the dosage.
    Have a look at myprotein.co.uk, they sell 1kg amounts for £33 (not that good compared to $30, but you have a lot of shipping and tax ontop of that). I have a 5% discount along with lots of others who use them.

7. Yea i've taken BA fairly regularly, that tinging can be a tad irritating but it's a 30min effect tops and worth that negated ache.

Good luck with Tough Guy, i had to push back my entry for January for a few reasons. Looks awesome but quite a few months before the next one alas.