Citizenship Ceremonies

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
I swear allegiance to our beloved Tony.
I will unswervingly admire the new Songun era of Blairism.
I will proceed with the slogun "Let us go forth and create numberous miracles in the name of Blairism and the Songun era of New Labour".
I will never doubt the 45 min claim.
I will believe whatever Alistair Campbell tells me as truth and acknowledge the all-knowing brillaince of the Songun New Labour era.
I believe Blind Pugh is a man of principle and that Mandleson and Vaz are beyond reproach in the name of the Songun New Labour era.
I ackowledge this Government is supreme and everlasting.
I realise that nothing is ever my fault.
2 plus 2 DOES equal 5. I know this because I was taught it in School. School standards are higher than ever before and my GCSE's prove it.
There is no religion but Tony.
There is only one flag, and it is the flag of the European Union.
Anyone who disgarees with the all-knowing Tony is a Nazi. Or a Conservative. Or both.
This I swear as a member of the brainwashed Songun Youth of the New Labour era, my allegiance unquestioned. Europe. Tony. One in the same, our history revised, our Colonial past in shame, always and forver.

Another step taken by Gauleiter Clarke,

The Grauniad said:
A £3m programme is to be introduced to establish a network of officials in the 50 local authority areas with the most diverse faiths. Their job will not be to promote particular faiths but to encourage dialogue and understanding between faith groups and others in the community.
More jobs for the Neue Arbeit boys; or rather, lesbians, gays, bisexuals & transgenders.

Incidentally, has anyone else been struck by the striking similarity of the Gauleiter Clarke to another comedy character: Mr Rumbold, from 'Are You Being Served'? Separated at birth, I'd say.

Most of the 18 year olds I come across wouldn't even know what allegiance means and, if they did, would probably choose not to swear it to Tony Blair or any other MP. Too busy smoking/drinking/snorting their dole money.

:cry:

Does the allegiance have the word 'Führer' in it?

Tony how about you get more bloody fence jumping channel swimmers to do this allegiance rather than true born British people?

Anyone think this is a backdoor method of laying the foundations to getting rid of the royal family and creating a federal/republican country?

I notice their use of the word citizen instead of the legally correct word, subject. Afterall we are a constituional monarchy!

Damn liberal loony left. :x

Plastic Yank said:
Up next..

the Labour Youth movement! 8O

you heard it hear first :evil:
Surely that will be 'Blair Youth'

Plastic Yank said:
Up next..

the Labour Youth movement! 8O

you heard it hear first :evil:
Ich schwore bei Gott diesen heiligen Eid, das Ich dem Fuhrer des Deutschen Reiches und Volkes Adolf Hitler, dem Oberbefehlshaber der WehrMacht, unbedingten Gehorsam leisten und als tapferer Soldat bereit sein will, jederzeit fur diesen Eid mein Leben einszusetzen

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Just released from Number Ten is the first draft of the new oath of allegiance:

Number Ten Press Office said:
"I, ______, swear before whichever deity, object or item I hold most highly, this holy, (though not necessarily religous,) oath, to The Glorious Leader of the british (with lower case b,) sub-department of Greater Europe, Tony Bliar, the Supreme Commander of Tony's (non-aggressive and only resorting to the use of weapons in extreme cases,) Forces, unswerving obedience, and as a brave army non-gender specific person to give up my life to his glory"

Sings to the tune of "I vow to thee my country":

"I vow to thee my Tony, I shall defend the faith,
In the New Labour Project, without prejudice or hate.
The faith that asks no questions, of the dear leadership,
I shall lay down my principles, to multi-culti schtick.
If I should ever falter, and criticise Islam,
I shall accept the penalty, ordained in the Koran!"

Samizdata's take on this issue:

http://www.samizdata.net/blog/archives/007174.html

A more Napoleonic Britain
Perry de Havilland (London) UK affairs
(0)
The Labour government is planning to introduce ceremonies for 'citizenship' and 'coming of age' to add the imprimatur of The State to being 'British'. Yet surely one of the things that has always made the British so different from many of the people's of Continental Europe who live with the legacy of Napoleon is that we have not really needed the state to tell us via ceremonies and ID cards that we are British... or that we are in reality 'subjects', a far more honest term that 'citizen'. Even the United States has its strange hand-on-heart ceremonies in some schools in which they pledge of allegiance not just to the principles of constitutional governance but also to a bit of coloured cloth. Yet in Britain such notions of social identity have generally been, well, social and not some propagandising artifice of the state.

This is yet another part of moving Britain into the more Napoleonic traditional in which the state is the core around which everything rotates in a politicised fashion and the highest virtue is political engagement (not a view I share, to put it mildly, given my view of politics). Such things are alien in this country and yet another sign that our political masters are obsessed with the fetishizing democracy as a way to make as many aspects of life as possible political in nature and requiring the intermediation of the state for ever more things. Such 'ceremonies' may be banal but what they represent is far from trivial.