CISSP

Yes, I have it. I attended a course with Net Security training in London. I used the Shon Harris book and passed - so it can't have been that bad,,,

PM me for more details.

msr

msr said:
Yes, I have it. I attended a course with Net Security training in London.
Surely CISSP is the pinnacle of security quals and not simply gained through attending a single course? One of the lads who I work with wants to do CISSP and he's got to work through MOUS, A+, N+, Sy+, CSSP and then on to CISSP.

You must be awesome. Go on - give us a link to what course you did.

PoisonDwarf said:
msr said:
Surely CISSP is the pinnacle of security quals and not simply gained through attending a single course? One of the lads who I work with wants to do CISSP and he's got to work through MOUS, A+, N+, Sy+, CSSP and then on to CISSP.

I am, and good looking to boot ;)

But then again, I already have EnCE, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, A+, MOUS and ITIL Foundation , as well as MK1 and JOTAC :)

I am currently working on MCDST, just for fun...

http://www.net-security-training.co.uk

The course was taught by an ex-RMP bod. If you want to take the course, drop me a PM and we can split the finders fee ;)

msr

PoisonDwarf said:
msr said:

Hi mate, CISSP is a qual that anyone can turn up to take. As i understand it, your not required to have any previous qual to take the exam - so the qual itself holds the same weight as a ccna or mcse etc - without relevant experience and understanding its worth fcuk all.

Industry are not going to pay you pop star wages because you hold a qual, they want relevant experience and an ability to do the job in real time. I work with Cogent, EADS, BT, VT Comms (alright the're dealing with HF, but you've gotta love legacy), Paradigm on a daily basis and i've seen them recruit. Theres reasons why the're recruiting 50 year old ex RAF and Navy Wo's - the skill set they have to sell cant be trained.

To trickywoo - the qual will be expensive and after you qualify you will be at the bottom of a very deep barrel of people with experience. I'm not saying dont do it, but have the qual in perspective before you commit to to it!!!!

trickywoo said:
Question - is it pish MCSE level or proper clever CCIE wobblyheid stuff?
It has been described as 1 mile wide and three inches deep .

msr