CISSP

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by trickywoo, Feb 17, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. deleted

2. msr

msr LE

Yes, I have it. I attended a course with Net Security training in London. I used the Shon Harris book and passed - so it can't have been that bad,,,

PM me for more details.

msr

3. Surely CISSP is the pinnacle of security quals and not simply gained through attending a single course? One of the lads who I work with wants to do CISSP and he's got to work through MOUS, A+, N+, Sy+, CSSP and then on to CISSP.

You must be awesome. Go on - give us a link to what course you did.

4. msr

msr LE

I am, and good looking to boot ;)

But then again, I already have EnCE, MCP, MCP+I, MCSE, A+, MOUS and ITIL Foundation , as well as MK1 and JOTAC :)

I am currently working on MCDST, just for fun...

http://www.net-security-training.co.uk

The course was taught by an ex-RMP bod. If you want to take the course, drop me a PM and we can split the finders fee ;)

msr

5. Hi mate, CISSP is a qual that anyone can turn up to take. As i understand it, your not required to have any previous qual to take the exam - so the qual itself holds the same weight as a ccna or mcse etc - without relevant experience and understanding its worth fcuk all.

Industry are not going to pay you pop star wages because you hold a qual, they want relevant experience and an ability to do the job in real time. I work with Cogent, EADS, BT, VT Comms (alright the're dealing with HF, but you've gotta love legacy), Paradigm on a daily basis and i've seen them recruit. Theres reasons why the're recruiting 50 year old ex RAF and Navy Wo's - the skill set they have to sell cant be trained.

To trickywoo - the qual will be expensive and after you qualify you will be at the bottom of a very deep barrel of people with experience. I'm not saying dont do it, but have the qual in perspective before you commit to to it!!!!

6. deleted

7. msr

msr LE

It has been described as 1 mile wide and three inches deep .

msr