Circumcision: Pros and Cons

Ok,

I know there is a thread about the political / religious / child abuse implications of male circumcision / female circumcision on the site at

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/female-circumcision-v-male-cirumcision.206200/

however I am looking for site members (fnarr) experience of the actual surgery (knife or laser, local or general anesthetic etc) in adulthood / middle age and then the after effects of the procedure and its effect on their later sexual activity.

This is not for some deviant interest but because at 51 I've just had a visit to a urologist to discuss a slowly tightening foreskin which has been occuring over the past couple of years. At the moment it's managable but he's recommended a circumcision at some future date. There wasn't much chat about the actual implications of the surgery nor its effect on my sexual activity (loss of sensation etc) just a matter of fact statement that it would eventually get tight enough that it would need to come off. Obviously I'm very attached to my foreskin so this is a bit of a blow.

I've gone into the literature and have read a few of the more respected peer reviewed papers but these are rather dry and aimed at the medical end of the procedure. Browsing other sites there are so many varying viewpoints on this subject it's hard to get a clear view of how it actually effects you at the business end. Most of the medical forums I've seen are American which often end up as a political bitchfest whilst others are a 50/50 split as to whether or not it is advisable to have the procedure early if it is managable or to wait till the procedure becomes necessary in order to retrain as much feeling as possible.

Of course everything is subjective and some will swear by it and others curse it and perusing this site I've seen both opinions posted about it in posts on other subjects. I just thought it would be nice to get a single thread with viewpoints from the before / after sexual health and well being end of the spectrum.

Thanks

Last edited:
Had it done at the age of 37 at the request of my soon to be wife. I wasn't keen on it and the procedure was longer than I expected, the doc literally cut it off with surgical scissors (I believe nowadays it's done quickly with a laser). A bit painful for a few days and the stitches came out within a week.

The difference? None, it all works exactly like it used to. Claims that it is easier to keep clean is nonsense, it was perfectly easy to keep clean before and an inch less of skin makes no difference one way or the other.

I would say it's not something to be overly worried about, if you need to get it done get it done.

Not circumcision, but I had a very tight banjo string in my late 30s. Saw a most splendid urologist who cut it for me, and all has been well ever since. Don't know if cutting the frenulum would help in your case, it might.

As for effect, no it wasn't really all that painful, and the wound healed & stitches dissolved after 3 weeks or so.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Friend of mine had to have an operation on his JT as the skin was too tight when he had an erection. Of course he received the suitable amount of support and encouragement from the rest of the platoon.

The trouble came after the operation when in the end platoon members were banned from visiting as every effort was made during visits, often successfully, to burst his stitches! The easiest way was just to get him laughing and pop went the sewing! o_O

Early 20's in my case. Mild to moderate post operative discomfort for up to a fortnight afterwards (easily taken care of by over the counter painkillers) but that's mainly due to the stitches. snagging on your shreddies. Erections are uncomfortable and you are disinclined to masturbate (at least as often as normal) - again due to the stitches. Once the last stitch had gone the first thing I said to my girlfriend was " YEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHAAAAA!"

Not circumcision, but I had a very tight banjo string in my late 30s. Saw a most splendid urologist who cut it for me, and all has been well ever since. Don't know if cutting the frenulum would help in your case, it might.

As for effect, no it wasn't really all that painful, and the wound healed & stitches dissolved after 3 weeks or so.
I managed to snap my banjo string during a rather energetic bout of kitchen table fun several years ago. The screams and blood were Hammer House of Horror-esque and the subsequent trip to casualty with a bloody napkin wrapped around the end of my JT was rather fun for all concerned (not).

I managed to snap my banjo string during a rather energetic bout of kitchen table fun several years ago. The screams and blood were Hammer House of Horror-esque and the subsequent trip to casualty with a bloody napkin wrapped around the end of my JT was rather fun for all concerned (not).
Indeed. Why do you think I went to see the urologist? :)

Slightly off subject but I wonder what the Labour Party`s views are on circumcision ?

Last edited:
It's one way of losing a bit of weight I suppose.

I had my circumcision a couple of months ago, aged 52. Regular bouts of Phimosis led to the decision.

General anaesthetic for about an hour, followed by two hours observation then sent home. As well as the general, they gave me a local anaesthetic to last ten hours. I was instructed to take painkillers at eight hours and then keep dosing up for a week. Regular showers from day two onwards.

Pain wasn't a particular problem until day three, as the swelling reduced. Day eight was the worst, grade seven twinges that would catch my breath. Not as bad as kidney stones.

Stitches dissolved at week three and fun started again, gently, at week four. Week six was back to normal.

Cleanliness was only ever a problem when the Phimosis played up. Sensation is much improved.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk

I had it done at age 26 for pretty much the same reasons as the OP.
A quick afternoon's surgery under general anesthetic in Gosport, kept in for 2 nights then two weeks sick leave and several more on light duties after that.
TBH, it is a vast improvement on having the top of your old man strangled and don't regret having it done one bit.
As others have said the stitches can be very painful when they snag on clothing so ensure you get some very baggy sweat pants and resist the temptation of taking a pics of your frankenpenis.
Even once the stitches fall out, it will take a little bit before it starts to look normal again.

Quick dit. Before the op I had a word with a good friend in my troop who had it done the previous year. He told me that he was told to fill a sink containing luke warm water and salt and soak your bits in it. This will help it heal.
Dutifully, the next day after the op, armed with a several salt sachets I took myself off to the ward washrooms and did as was advised.
I think they heard the scream in Portsmouth city centre.
On returning to work I gripped him and asked why on Earth he advised me to do it.
His reply was 'Someone told me to do it after my op and just wanted to pass it on. Hurts, doesn't it?'
I would have punched him, but as I could only walk at a snails pace (oh yes, mobility will be an issue for a bit) he simply walked away laughing.

stanlystud

On ROPS
On ROPs
Had it done at the age of 37 at the request of my soon to be wife. I wasn't keen on it and the procedure was longer than I expected, the doc literally cut it off with surgical scissors (I believe nowadays it's done quickly with a laser). A bit painful for a few days and the stitches came out within a week.

The difference? None, it all works exactly like it used to. Claims that it is easier to keep clean is nonsense, it was perfectly easy to keep clean before and an inch less of skin makes no difference one way or the other.

I would say it's not something to be overly worried about, if you need to get it done get it done.
what a ******* pussy you are. would never get it done for any bitch. bet she still don´t suck your cock....

Ok,

I know there is a thread about the political / religious / child abuse implications of male circumcision / female circumcision on the site at

https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/threads/female-circumcision-v-male-cirumcision.206200/

however I am looking for site members (fnarr) experience of the actual surgery (knife or laser, local or general anesthetic etc) in adulthood / middle age and then the after effects of the procedure and its effect on their later sexual activity.

This is not for some deviant interest but because I've just had a visit to a urologist to discuss a slowly tightening foreskin which has been occuring over the past couple of years. At the moment it's managable but he's recommended a circumcision at some future date. There wasn't much chat about the actual implications of the surgery nor its effect on my sexual activity (loss of sensation etc) just a matter of fact statement that it would eventually get tight enough that it would need to come off. Obviously I'm very attached to my foreskin so this is a bit of a blow.

I've gone into the literature and have read a few of the more respected peer reviewed papers but these are rather dry and aimed at the medical end of the procedure. Browsing other sites there are so many varying viewpoints on this subject it's hard to get a clear view of how it actually effects you at the business end. Most of the medical forums I've seen are American which often end up as a political bitchfest whilst others are a 50/50 split as to whether or not it is advisable to have the procedure early if it is managable or to wait till the procedure becomes necessary in order to retrain as much feeling as possible.

Of course everything is subjective and some will swear by it and others curse it and perusing this site I've seen both opinions posted about it in posts on other subjects. I just thought it would be nice to get a single post with viewpoints from the before / after sexual health and well being end of the spectrum.

Thanks
Please drop me a pm. H_M.

I had my circumcision a couple of months ago, aged 52. Regular bouts of Phimosis led to the decision.

General anaesthetic for about an hour, followed by two hours observation then sent home. As well as the general, they gave me a local anaesthetic to last ten hours. I was instructed to take painkillers at eight hours and then keep dosing up for a week. Regular showers from day two onwards.

Pain wasn't a particular problem until day three, as the swelling reduced. Day eight was the worst, grade seven twinges that would catch my breath. Not as bad as kidney stones.

Stitches dissolved at week three and fun started again, gently, at week four. Week six was back to normal.

Cleanliness was only ever a problem when the Phimosis played up. Sensation is much improved.

Sent from my neocore_E1R1 using Tapatalk
Thanks, just the sort of info I'm looking for, reads very similar to my age and condition.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
pumpernickel The Intelligence Cell 134
jumpinjarhead The NAAFI Bar 4
C Blue Jokes 0