Circuit training

#1
What's best for circuit training having a rep range or just max out? And is doing circuit training twice a week as well as doing Dumbbells twice a week good? Because I was thinking about doing circuit training on Mon and Thursday and doing Dumbbells on Tues and Friday. Thanks
 
#2
JPAR17 said:
What's best for circuit training having a rep range or just max out? And is doing circuit training twice a week as well as doing Dumbbells twice a week good? Because I was thinking about doing circuit training on Mon and Thursday and doing Dumbbells on Tues and Friday. Thanks
You can get some circuit training which is pretty poor. My gym does circuit sessions which last an hour. If a circuit session lasts an hour then it the effort involved must be total crap. I can do a circuit which lasts 15-20 minutes and absolutely destroys me.

Do it in seconds. 60 seconds per station. Best effort. 8 stations. Do the circuit 2 or 3 times. Only rest between station is the time it takes to get yourself into position. Best effort is the key.
 
#4
curcuit training is hitting most of your bodies muscules. you should have a days rest before traing again, my personal opinion use your dumbells after curcuit training 3 sets to failure of each,alter weights to make 6 reps, training the day after will rip repairing muscules and stop growth imo
 
#5
Easy one and completely free - try the 100 burpee challenge. Time yourself how long it takes to do and then gradually try and improve on it. I did it for the first time yesterday in just under 10 min and it is nails.
 
#6
curcuit training is hitting most of your bodies muscules. you should have a days rest before traing again, my personal opinion use your dumbells after curcuit training 3 sets to failure of each,alter weights to make 6 reps, training the day after will rip repairing muscules and stop growth imo
 
#7
curcuit training is hitting most of your bodies muscules. you should have a days rest before traing again, my personal opinion use your dumbells after curcuit training 3 sets to failure of each,alter weights to make 6 reps, training the day after will rip repairing muscules and stop growth imo
 
#8
Thanks for your answers I am now thinking about doing this.

Monday- Strength training
Press-ups- 4x30
Sits-ups- 4x45
Squats- 4x50
Pull-ups- 4x8

Tuesday- Dumbbells
Squat- 3x5
Bench press- 3x5
Tricep extension- 3x5
One-arm rows- 3x5
Calf raises- 3x5

Thursday- Circuit training
Press-ups
Sits-ups
Squats
Tricep dips
Dorsal raises
Lunges
Chin-ups
Alt elbow to knee
Heel raises
Just do 4sets and max each one out

Friday-Dumbbells
Deadlift- 3x5
Shoulder press- 3x5
Shrugs- 3x5
Bicep curls- 3x5
Hammer curls- 3x5

And have Weds, Sat and Sunday off.

So what do you think?
 
#9
That looks good, remember to run regularly and maybe add another form of cardio in as well e.g. swimming for a good all round program.
 
#10
Oh the stuff I just mentioned I do in the afternoon in the morning I do.

Monday- 1hour run
Tuesday- 45min swimming
Wednesday- Fartlek training/ Hill sprints
Thursday- Dont know about his but should I do Cycling or Swimming?
Friday- 1hour run

Is this alright?
 
#11
Variety is good, but too much ******* variety is shit. Which is what you have, shit.

Dumb things down, have your workout 3 times a week, cardio 3 times a week and an off day.

Mon - Workout.
Tue - Cardio.
Wed - Workout.
Thu - Cardio.
Fri - Workout.
Sat - Cardio.
Sun - Rest day.

Same thing applys to your workout, you dont need to change the circuit every time. Keep it the same for one week and then change it the next week.

Edit : And for your cardio, try doing some intense interval training which will have you spewing up.

Everyone has their own opinion.
 
#12
JPAR17 said:
Thanks for your answers I am now thinking about doing this.

Monday- Strength training
Press-ups- 4x30
Sits-ups- 4x45
Squats- 4x50
Pull-ups- 4x8

Tuesday- Dumbbells
Squat- 3x5
Bench press- 3x5
Tricep extension- 3x5
One-arm rows- 3x5
Calf raises- 3x5

Thursday- Circuit training
Press-ups
Sits-ups
Squats
Tricep dips
Dorsal raises
Lunges
Chin-ups
Alt elbow to knee
Heel raises
Just do 4sets and max each one out

Friday-Dumbbells
Deadlift- 3x5
Shoulder press- 3x5
Shrugs- 3x5
Bicep curls- 3x5
Hammer curls- 3x5

And have Weds, Sat and Sunday off.

So what do you think?
Are you training to be a ******* spartan or what? You already forces / fitness freak?
 
#13
Milesy said:
You can get some circuit training which is pretty poor. My gym does circuit sessions which last an hour. If a circuit session lasts an hour then it the effort involved must be total crap.
Although I agree the quality of gym circuits varies your talking rubbish about the hour, this will include about a 10 min warm up, 5 min approx to explain the circuit and finally at least a 10 min warm down and stretch. All in between best effort or best skiving.
 
#14
JPAR17, on Thursday cycling would be good, combining running swimming and cycling gives you variety with your cardio. Id say you only need a max of two interval sessions per week, make the rest steady state cardio. Its important to build and then maintain a strong aerobic and endurance base.
 
#16
Barbells are better for Squats and Deadlifts; you simply cannot get enough weight on dumbbells for those exercises.

3X5 is a good rep range, though; you should build strength and power without bulking up too much. As longas you regularly increase the weight you are lifting by small increments.
 
#17
Werewolf said:
Barbells are better for Squats and Deadlifts; you simply cannot get enough weight on dumbbells for those exercises.

3X5 is a good rep range, though; you should build strength and power without bulking up too much. As longas you regularly increase the weight you are lifting by small increments.
WW, lets have a quick look at your workout routine. :p
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The Training Wing 1
U Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment 9
T Health and Fitness 3

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top