Circling choppers

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by bald.paul.101, Mar 17, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I have been watching out of my office window 2 helicopters circling over what looks like Thamesmead / Woolwich. They were there for about 30 minutes. One was a Seaking, one a Lynx but there were too far away to tell who they belonged to.
    So my question is, what would they have been up to ?
    Given they were deffo military, surely they wouldnt be allowed to be doing anything "security" related, thats would be police aircraft surely ?
    Does anyone know what Military aircraft are allowed to do in civilian airspace ?
  2. Maybe the revolution has started, hurrah. Can I shoot an MP pleeease.
  3. Were they black?
  4. they are waiting for something to die.
  5. Grab yer guns cousin cleatus, them thar illuminatii black helicopters I warned ya about is here!

6. the_boy_syrup

the_boy_syrup LE Book Reviewer

William and Harry having a my choppers bigger than yours contest?
  7. Fly.............
  8. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

This often happens. They are still searching for Woolwich Arsenal which vanished without trace around 1990. Nobody knows where it went. As to what they can do? Whatever the **** they want up Otterburn way. They often used to wave to my ex when she was sunbathing. But not to me. Because I have Death Ray Anti-Heicopter Eyes. Obviously.
  9. Military aircraft are allowed to do anything in civilian airspace that civilian aircraft are allowed to do - and probably a bit more. Maybe they were helping the plod out on something - I am sure the plod dont actually have that many helicopters and certainly not of the "quite big" variety.

And if, as you say, it might have been security related then you are completely about-face. Remember the time "tanks" were sent to Heathrow? The police dont own "tanks". Security related is definately one time when you might see military helicopters. The Armed forces do security. The police do a funny old thing called policing (sometimes known as Law Enforcement).
  10. Anything they like, it is called the sky.
  11. In the nude?....Your ex, that is.
  12. I did wonder if they were up to something re the prison down that way.

I was under the impression military heleicopters wouldn't do "policing" tasks, i.e. looking for scrotes or keeping an eye on a demo, that sort of thing.
    Does anyone know if they do actually help out dibble with stuff ?
  13. Surely they can do MACP like any other branch?
  14. Or just fly about doing their day job?

Oh and MACP is Op Banner type stuff I think you mean MACC
  15. They'll do what they are told to do for christ sake, get a grip of yourself, are you paranoid, are the mushrooms in season.