CIRA claims Dublin weigh-in murder

I believe so
Discharged 15 times I believe he was hit 4-6 times

suspect had been in Station the day before, detained I think. Known heavy drinker and drug user.

Det Garda Horkan was on an armed single manned anti-crime patrol when he stopped to question him as he was acting suspiciously on a motorbike.

it isn’t clear who removed the weapon from the holster

reportedly the suspect was doing press ups at the scene when arrested by 2 unarmed officers (Garda Station is very close to where it happened)
Thank you.

And we see the good citizens of the Republic showing tribute to a fallen policeman at midnight.
Sad but also refreshing that in these times especially some people will do the right thing.

We'd be happy to hand them over to the Gards for wee chats sans coffee and their sentences to be served in a suitable prison in the RoI. The Irish can of course tag on an appropriate sentence as well.
The minimum sentence for possession of over €13k of drugs in Ireland is 10 years. It has only been used a very small number of times, judges refuse to use it

The minimum sentence for possession of over €13k of drugs in Ireland is 10 years. It has only been used a very small number of times, judges refuse to use it
For the misery and mayhem it causes ?
Sweet lord, they'd should be lucky to have their necks and testicles unstretched.

They don’t like being told what to do by the executive

a lesser sentence can be imposed in “exceptional and specific circumstances” Like the day of the week ends in y

only 7% get the mandatory minimum of 10 years
Another thing you have inherited from the Brits then - a soft judiciary.

TamH70

MIA
Rolling around with an armed criminal, plus a grenade with the pin out ? - no thanks, balls of Connemara marble those Gardai.
Good drills, those Gardai.

Typically crappy article, though. What kind of "Makarov" sub-machine gun? As that's an ammunition calibre, not a type of specific weapon.

Could be any one of these: