CILOCT over charge, but no rebate yet

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by General Melchett, Jun 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

I moved into SFA in nov 05. Only just realised that I was being charged too much CILOCT due to single occupany.

Pay office didn't know I was paying too much either despite generating all the original paperwork.

So I told them the first week in may of the situation and all the relevant changes have been made. So what's the problem?

I'll get a rebate with the next pay statement for any over charge as of 01 Apr this year, but everything before JPA is being processed by hand in Glasgow according to my pay office. Quite a considerable amount.

On the old system I remember any additional pay would be processed and paid in 14 days, so why is it taking months now JPA has come in? After all it's supposed to make things easier isn't it?

2. Anything that is pre-Apr 01 has to be sent to Glasgow manually on a spreadsheet. Glasgow then have 6 weeks in which to action it from receipt. That is why it takes so long unfortunately.

3. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

4. Glad to see I'm not the only one with CILOCT overcharge. Since JPA kicked in I have been charged both single and married CILOCT. JPAC tell me to speak to the unit. The RAOs have sent off their spreadsheet to some dark hole in Worthy Down, but nothing has been corrected. Anyone got something to suggest? :?:

5. After logging on to JPA on Monday we have been told that there is only one pay day and thats it, the last working day of the month. There is now no supplementary pay half way through the month.

May be true, may be not, after all a clerk told me!