Ciggies and Ulcers

I gave up smoking about a year ago, and I feel pretty much free of them, which is great. But, all this year I've been getting ulcers in my mouth. Not 2 or 3, but 10 - 12 of the little buggers, nearly all the time. Quite painful and both GP and Dentist don't seem to know what to do about them - any experience of a cure anyone???

I gave up smoking about a year ago, and I feel pretty much free of them, which is great. But, all this year I've been getting ulcers in my mouth. Not 2 or 3, but 10 - 12 of the little buggers, nearly all the time. Quite painful and both GP and Dentist don't seem to know what to do about them - any experience of a cure anyone???
Ask your GP to refer you to an oral surgeon, better safe than sorry.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

It's because you are not drinking, smoking or muff diving enough.

Oh I see, well I'll get on with it then. I take it you're not in favour of the ball sack shaving either then?[/QUOTE]

Most certainly!

Mine I mean, not yours

Or any other blokes

For Christ's sake, nobody tell Higgs Bosun about this thread! From reading the bilge that he writes, you would think that smoking is responsible for everything from the extinction of dinosaurs to the Siege of Mafeking.

Just in case it's something like Ulcerative Colitis or Crohns get to a quack asap and get checked out.

Crohn's disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

At the opposite end of the gastrointestinal tract, the mouth may be affected by non-healing sores (aphthous ulcers).

If it is something nasty it's far better to catch it early than spend weeks in hospital from a massive flare up, it might get in the way of your armed forces career though.

Smoking suppresses stuff like Ulcerative Colitis and Crohns, get to a quack asap and get checked out.

Crohn's disease - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If it is something nasty it's far better to catch it early than spend weeks in hospital from a massive flare up, it might get in the way of your armed forces career though.
Thanks - I'll make an appointment. However I'm a pensioner so the 'career' was thirty years ago!

Must be cigarettes. They are the cause of everything.

Including paedophilia, the Syrian crisis and premature ejaculation.
Almost but not quite.

It's the French.

It all boils down to them and their arty farty films consisting of a hairy pitted frogette nonchalantly smoking a fag (with babs out but I can't hold that against them, shave the pits though)

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T The NAAFI Bar 50
R The Intelligence Cell 1
J The NAAFI Bar 44