• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

CIC (TA) Bonest course ever?

It doesn't teach any useful skills or knowledge, the phys was gay and the standard of people that passed was dismal. They were turning out newly-minted infantry privates over the age of 40 ffs. What use are they going to be to the army?

It doesn't teach any useful skills or knowledge, the phys was gay and the standard of people that passed was dismal. They were turning out newly-minted infantry privates over the age of 40 ffs. What use are they going to be to the army?
Ref my bold - did you pass? ;-)

And what is 'gay phys'? Did they have you dry bumming eachother on circuit reps and bench-pressing 5A's cock?

What use are they going to be to the army?
Not as much use as an awesome super-soldier like yourself.

If you didn't like it, you should have handed in your uniform and walked out. Did you really think it'd be like a mixture of SAS Selection and an episode of The Krypton Factor or something?

Nice thread, throbber.

Possibly as much or if not more than you. Just because someone is over 40 doesn't mean they are somehow useless.

If CIC was too GAY for you then you can go for something more challenging like 4para 23/21 sas or evan r.m.r or you could count your self lucky that you found it easy. Good luck at your unit they must think your a winner.

Not as much use as an awesome super-soldier like yourself.

If you didn't like it, you should have handed in your uniform and walked out. Did you really think it'd be like a mixture of SAS Selection and an episode of The Krypton Factor or something?

Nice thread, throbber.
If you don't like it, don't read it. Thanks for caring though. I promise to learn from this.

I assumed there might be some form of parity in difficulty with the regular recruits we saw getting beasted from pillar to post. Rather than sitting on a range, being tapped in the head with a fencepost by a bored corporal. The instructors treated it like a holiday.

If you beasted for 6 weeks like the regs do do you think a lot of people would do it ? I wouldn't I only get 4 weeks holiday and f@ck doing that for £35 a day. From now on you should be working on DIE training ( if they still do it ) to get you up to scratch with a reg. mind you sounds like you don't need it make sure you tell your csm that.

Now when did i ever make it about me? Presumably you agree it is a 'teaching' course? I take issue with the lack of teaching. I also expected the fitness to be of a standard. Overweight people don't pass regular CIC, why should they pass the TA one?

Several points:
1. you can be fat but still be fit
2. the fact that over 40s passed is surely an indicator of their motivation to pass the course as opposed to perceived lack of standards.
3. The instructors I know aren't afraid of RTUing people as in this day and age if a salad dodging waste of space coffin dodger screws up in theatre, it quickly come back to the unit and the establishment that trained them.
4. If you feel that stronglym speak to your PSI/CoC who, if they feel it is valid, can make discreet enquiries.

The CIC I done was realistically a confirmation of what I had done on my recruit weekends. However I done mine in house, not through the RTC route. So your beef should be with the weekends you have done as that is where the majority of your 'learning' should have taken place. Remember they only have 2 weeks to get through a set out program. Must agree that a 4 mile and a 6 mile CFT is unacceptable as a measuring stick for fitness but that's the way it is. CIC is, IMO, a course that is designed to make sure you are at a basic level so as to continue learning within your battalion on weekends and drill nights. This continues onto DIE training and then into PDT. So don't get carried away with the idea that you should leave CIC fully trained to deal with all the worlds conflicts on your own.

And as to the comment about CIC with 4PARA being arduous, well, it wasn't what people thought it would be. The build up weekends however.........

TBM

Latest Threads