cic all booked up till october

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by fatboy1907, Mar 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. can anyone confirm that cic is all booked up till october as only finishing phase 1 recentley cant get any confirmed answer from unit really dont want to have to wait till then to get on with the rest of my training if this is the case i can see people leaving

2. I know how you feel mate. Only one CIC came up in the last 6 months, and i ended up being injured on that one. Recovering from that, I am now on CIC again at the end of April.

I can't confirm that it's all booked up 'till then October. Speak your PSI/SPSI, and make him know you want to crack on and make sure he looks for spare places that come up. You might not get on April, but you should be able to get on May's CIC.

Other than that it's a wait out i'm afraid. Crappy, but that's the way it is.

3. Basically what he said - let your PSI know you are ready willing and able to go at short notice, no doubt there will be a cancellation - good luck

4. Whilst I can understand your frustration, from a wider viewpoint the fact that they are so busy must surely be a good thing. Assuming the shortage of places is down to high demand rather than supply being cut of course.

5. Hmmmm do you know you only have eight weeks from finishing phase 2 training to get onto CIC/ATR failing that you have to go and be reassessed again?

Six months and you start from scratch.....

6. I didn't but I can see the logic in that regards skill fade etc. Are the CIC/ATR courses always so over subscribed or has there been a surge of recruits coming through ?

7. It's the first I've heard of it, we're not getting any major revisits prior to CIC/ATRs in fact I can't think of any recent ones, so they must still be going ahead, over subscribed or not.

8. I've been told there's one in May/June.

The waiting gaps for the CIC is a right fcking p*sstake, even worse we'll have to do god knows how many refreshers at strensall.

9. As I understand it, the CIC courses have a loading/capacity of 140 and they have never had that number actually attend so if your PSI's/Recruit Shepard are good and speak to Anzio company staff then "travelling reserves" work

10. Does anyone know the exact date for the CIC in May/June?