CIA Must Return To Its Roots To Become Effective Once Again

Discussion in 'US' started by Trip_Wire, Feb 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

(IMO, this article has many good points.)

CIA Must Return To Its Roots To Become Effective Once Again
    Month 2009
    By Charles Faddis

In 1942, as the United States went to war with brutal and fanatical foes, President Franklin D. Roosevelt ordered the creation of the first civilian intelligence collection organization in U.S. history.

The Office of Strategic Services (OSS), under the brilliant direction of its first and only leader, Gen. William “Wild Bill” Donovan, performed legendary service throughout World War II from the jungles of Burma to the mountains of Norway and into the heart of the Third Reich, itself.

At the advent of the Cold War, the OSS became the Central Intelligence Agency — and the CIA morphed into a large, lumbering bureaucracy.

Almost seven decades after the birth of this civilian intelligence agency, we need to go back to the beginning — to a lean, flexible, imaginative organization trained and equipped to confront our nation’s enemies. We need a new OSS.

2. Nope,

3. Excellent, go and kill foreigners. Hoorah!
  4. The CIA is fine. The problem has been with the people they advise. For example, the CIA first warned of the use of hijacked planes by AQ as suicide weapons against prestige targets in the US back in 1999. Nothing was done. When Condi Rice (then NSA) and George W received the PDB entitled 'Bin Laden determined to attack in the US' just 6 weeks prior to 9/11, they gave it a swift ignoring, and nothing was done.

Hopefully the Obama administration will treat the CIA with a bit more respect.
  5. Let's hope he does, as, according to the agency, the next threat is mostly likely to come from "British-born Pakistani extremist(s) entering the US through the visa waiver program." Though why this program is still in effect, I've no idea.
  6. If you guys reform the OSS, can we set up the SOE again? :D

Much sexier than M15/6. 8)
  7. ******* CIA are robbing cnuts. ******* ex wife got em on to me a few years ago. I get £xxx stopped out of my wages now :(
  8. Nice fishing PIRA - let me guess, a Bob Church III with a 9-11 rod and a series 6080 reel.

No catch today wearing your Broad Black Brimmer on your head to keep off the Reign :wink:
  9. No intent to 'fish' - thought the CIA's extrapolation was interesting is all. Only fishing I've ever done was with a Merc 3.
  10. Why don't you try ******* yourself.
  11. And why don't you try addressing the subject, instead of acting like this is NAAFI Bar? :roll:
  12. No it's not, cleverhead.

Nice edit, fuckface.