CIA Legend Dies: Anthony A "Tony Poe" Poshepny

Note: This article was written on 8 July 2003. Most if not all of his actions were in Laos, during the CIA's Secret war there. A VERY different sort of war.

http://www.angelfire.com/in/Laos/

CIA Legend Dies

Death of a dirty fighter
By Richard S Ehrlich

BANGKOK - Anthony A "Tony Poe" Poshepny, a decorated former official of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) who collected enemy ears, dropped decapitated human heads from the air on to communists and stuck heads on spikes, was buried on the weekend in California.

Link to article:

http://www.atimes.com/atimes/Southeast_Asia/EG08Ae02.html

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
"Hearts & Minds" you can't beat it!

He took ears, heads and probably other body parts - but he could not take their hearts.

I don't think there will be any wailing in the streets if Vietnam.

Auld Yin -- don't be so po-faced. How can you not admire a man who comes out with:

"We flew in real low, in front of that bastard's house, and I threw the head so it bounced right on his porch and into his front door".

Get some!!

Yay. A war-criminal. Hope he rots in hell.

Seems like this Poshepny character was a loose canon. It is one thing to brag and celebrate about what this thug did, it is a totally different thing to accept him as a hero because he is not.

JoseyWales said:
D.D. I wasn't doing that - click on the link by TripWire and you may get my drift..
Actually J_W, my reply was directed at Trippy, whose love for the absurd is truly amazing.

I saw the link. The guy should have died in jail.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
DavetheApe said:
Auld Yin -- don't be so po-faced. How can you not admire a man who comes out with:

"We flew in real low, in front of that fatherless's house, and I threw the head so it bounced right on his porch and into his front door".

Get some!!
I have deleted the response I started to to this when I realised that the comment came from someone who is still in the trees.

Sorry Auld Yin -- was my attempt at being "ironic"...... :oops:

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
DtA - no probs - want a banana? 8)

Hate the feckin things. I'll have a bag of chips and a pint of guinness though, thanks very much. Just leave it at the bottom of the tree....

JoseyWales,

Great piece. 'Tis a shame how the work of the many good seems to be always tarnished by the few bad.

Not having a cheap pop, but it didn't feckin work did it? You lost that one.....

Un-Necessary, inneffective, and very distasteful

He was right about the need to train indiginous forces, but I much prefer the way the Green berets did it with the Montagnards.