CIA Legend Dies: Anthony A "Tony Poe" Poshepny

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Sep 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Note: This article was written on 8 July 2003. Most if not all of his actions were in Laos, during the CIA's Secret war there. A VERY different sort of war.

CIA Legend Dies

Death of a dirty fighter
    By Richard S Ehrlich

BANGKOK - Anthony A "Tony Poe" Poshepny, a decorated former official of the US Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) who collected enemy ears, dropped decapitated human heads from the air on to communists and stuck heads on spikes, was buried on the weekend in California.

Link to article:
  2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

"Hearts & Minds" you can't beat it!

He took ears, heads and probably other body parts - but he could not take their hearts.

I don't think there will be any wailing in the streets if Vietnam.
  3. Auld Yin -- don't be so po-faced. How can you not admire a man who comes out with:

"We flew in real low, in front of that bastard's house, and I threw the head so it bounced right on his porch and into his front door".

Get some!!
  4. Yay. A war-criminal. Hope he rots in hell.
  5. Sh1t, charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets at the 'Indie 500'
  6. Seems like this Poshepny character was a loose canon. It is one thing to brag and celebrate about what this thug did, it is a totally different thing to accept him as a hero because he is not.
  7. D.D. I wasn't doing that - click on the link by TripWire and you may get my drift..
  8. Actually J_W, my reply was directed at Trippy, whose love for the absurd is truly amazing.

I saw the link. The guy should have died in jail.
  9. Auld-Yin

I have deleted the response I started to to this when I realised that the comment came from someone who is still in the trees.
  10. Sorry Auld Yin -- was my attempt at being "ironic"...... :oops:
  11. Auld-Yin

DtA - no probs - want a banana? 8)
  12. Hate the feckin things. I'll have a bag of chips and a pint of guinness though, thanks very much. Just leave it at the bottom of the tree....
  13. Devil Dog,

Check this out

If this link doesn't work - bring it in yourself..

The ride of the Valkyries
  14. He worked within the rules of the time and whether you like him or not he had balls. RIP.
  15. JoseyWales,

Great piece. 'Tis a shame how the work of the many good seems to be always tarnished by the few bad.