CIA Had A Source In The BND. Boxheads Not Happy

Mr_Fingerz

LE
Book Reviewer
Poor source protection .

Maybe, just maybe the Americans are starting to realise that not everybody in their J2 community needs to know everything about everything.

This is not the way to maintain a North Atlantic alliance.

Goodness. An intelligence organisation maintains a source in an allied nation. That's something only the rogue Bush / Obama era CIA have ever done. (And yes, I note the policy change point. But, then, NATO has changed considerably since my Cold War went away.)

I wonder what politicians think spies actually do? They clearly don't think they spy.

You'd think they would have noticed that the bloke in the post room was called Hank and didn't speak a word of German!

The BND was set up by the septics as a deniable framework for their embarrassing borrowed nazi agents, those nazi agents employed to spy in the cold war immediately started justifying their existance by providing scary information about the soviets and their capabilities. NATO believed them. Much of the cold war arms race was fuelled by those lizards and it almost ended in nuclear war.

This is not the way to maintain a North Atlantic alliance.
Surely that should read North Atlantic Compliance ?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Surely that should read North Atlantic Compliance ?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
Perhaps, but it doesn't help that either!

Glad_its_all_over

ADC
Book Reviewer
Intelligence agency conducts intelligence operations shock.

I think @cernunnos is being a touch unfair to the BND - while it certainly got its start as the Gehlen Organisation, that was a very, very long time ago now and it has some pretty respectable chops of its own, not least during the Cold War when, I gather, it was one of the less inflammatory Western services. Not surprising, of course, given how many of its officers were working for Markus Wolff.

There is basically sweet FA that Germany can do,It can only complain loudly and cry `Foul!´Germany has been classed as a `Sovereign State´since 1984(?)IIRC!
But,when the Iron Curtain was falling there were a lot of refugees coming through Garmisch and the US facility I was working in(Guarding the Gate ;) !) had `First Dibs´on them for intelligence gathering etc.The present day `Marshall Center´used to be the `Russian Institute´!
Simple really,the Yanks got the scientists,teachers and engineers etc US Passports and the rest of the dross got asylum passports for Germany and the rest of the EEC!
The Yanks only appear to be stupid!

If prostitution is the oldest profession, spying is a very close second.

You'd think they would have noticed that the bloke in the post room was called Hank and didn't speak a word of German!

The BND was set up by the septics as a deniable framework for their embarrassing borrowed nazi agents, those nazi agents employed to spy in the cold war immediately started justifying their existance by providing scary information about the soviets and their capabilities. NATO believed them. Much of the cold war arms race was fuelled by those lizards and it almost ended in nuclear war.
Rheinhard Gehlen perchance? in the early post war years he allegedly knew more about the Soviet Union than anyone else. Not surprising then that Uncle Sam wanted to use him.
Fingerz this spying business has had our Teutonic allies in an ongoing hissy fit for about a year now. Snowden's revelations caused the first teddy chucking exersize. Eaves dropping on Aunty Angie was considered not on; you don't spy on your friends was what they said at the time. Perhaps someone should have told them in Berlin that spy agencies are for er, er, spying. Quelle surprise.

Please, please tell me that the person on the left in the photo is merely a double of Angie in her younger days.
Where's the eye bleach when you need it?
Nope that's the chancellor in her DDR FKK days, with her sister and a friend. Nudity was all the rage in east Germany, I suspect because the clothes were all pump. The photo was apparently provided by her loving dad. Try as you might you just can't unsee that photo!

there does seem to be a growing campaign in the us for a pull out of uk and europe,they want that money spend in the us.

there does seem to be a growing campaign in the us for a pull out of uk and europe,they want that money spend in the us.
I think that in the long run, that might very well be best for all concerned.

Latest Threads