Churchill MK3.

daz

LE
Hi everybody,
Just thought i'd post a photo of my Churchill mk3 project.I will post further pics as work progresses.
All the best,neil.
What size is it?

Churchy

Crow
Hi Daz,
I haven't stuck to any well known scale such as one sixth scale which a lot of the large scale commercially available models are.....i scaled it up from some blueprint drawings until i was satisfied with the outcome.All i can say is it is huge scale......this photo doesn't really show the full extent of the size of the model as the front section has to be added yet.I'm trying to build it in a bit of a modular format so i can unbolt it and have it in manageable pieces for storage if that becomes necessary.Hopefully in the next few weeks the size of the model will become more apparent as the front will be on and the back of the chassis will be finished.It will start looking really big when the side sponsons begin to take shape.

daz

LE
Best of luck with it then, looking forward to seeing more of it

My favourite tank.

I look forward to seeing your progress.

There's a house not far from me out in the sticks that has a 1/2 scale Tiger alongside it. Looks superb and quite real, it's only the surroundings that betray it's not full size.

Churchy

Crow
I know its a bit samey but the storage box is on the turret.....just hanging and not screwed up properley,periscopes are shown on the top of the turret and i put a cordless drill next to it to give a better indication of the size.
Where the chassis ends at the front is the beginning of the vertical plate armour so if you look at a photo of a churchill you can see how much extra will be on the front.....the side sponsons with the front sprocket will extend even further.
Hopefully the next pics will show the back more complete and the start of the frontal armour with machine gun port etc.Sorry for the slow progress but having a broken leg isn't helping me much.

Attachments

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
I know its a bit samey but the storage box is on the turret.....just hanging and not screwed up properley,periscopes are shown on the top of the turret and i put a cordless drill next to it to give a better indication of the size.
Where the chassis ends at the front is the beginning of the vertical plate armour so if you look at a photo of a churchill you can see how much extra will be on the front.....the side sponsons with the front sprocket will extend even further.
Hopefully the next pics will show the back more complete and the start of the frontal armour with machine gun port etc.Sorry for the slow progress but having a broken leg isn't helping me much.
Mate, the work rate around here is positively glacial from some people.

Latest Threads