Churchill are No Claims Bonus Thieves - Oh Yes.

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Postie, Sep 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I had been trawling for car insurance quotations and believed that I would have 11 years this year, or at least '9 or more' which seems to be standard for many. Why did I believe this because last year my renewal from Diamond said so, and because the year before that I had 9 etc etc. and I had not made a claim while with Churchill. I found a policy I liked added the bell and whistles I wanted and then bought it.

But no....apparently someone in Churchill admin said that they could only confirm 5 years 'no claims' despite my sending them the letter from Diamond at the time of taking out my policy. It is apparently impossible to change according to the woman at the end of the phone. So now my premium with my new company has gone up by £41!!!! Not quite the deal I had bargained on.

Anyway I have written to Churchill expressing my disgust and wish to warn other Arrsers that they should ask what an insurance company's policy is on 'No Claims Bonuses' should they wish to leave. :x :x :x :x
  2. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

I thought 5 years was the maximum?
  3. 5 maximum is what i also thought?
  4. I guess that means that you have also been had by the insurance thieves.
  5. I thought 5 years was the maximum.... the thieving fcuk wits.....
  6. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

If you are within your 14 day cooling off period, cancel your policy and take out another one somewhere else.
  7. The_Duke

The_Duke LE Moderator

Guess what? There is no maximum, minimum or even the requirement to offer a NCB. The insurers offer NCB as a way of rewarding people who have proven they are better insurance risks by not having accidents - it is a commercial pricing decision, nothing more.

The only issue here is if they have priced it according to 9 years, then reduced it to 5 because they are not satisfied with his proof of NCB.
  8. Serves you right. Any damn fool going with an insurance company who have a talking Bulldog as CEO deserves all they get. I asked them for my proof of NCB and they told me the dog ate it. I then placed my business with Michael Winner, who despite being insufferably pompous was at least cheaper....
  9. Ohh yes.

Taxi! (or uninsured minicab)
  10. Im with LV and they are great, My insurance has just halved as Im moving from London.
    Although its nice to have UK call centres its a bit worrying given my car details and overnight location of my car to a Scouser!!!
  11. What makes it worse is that I'm SURE he ate my NCB in Paris with Melanie Sykes. Outraged!!
  12. Fair enough you are right I was an idiot to trust a Bulldog. I won't again - can you trust any insurance animal? Should I avoid Meercats too?
  13. Well, I strongly suspect that the Meeeerkats will tear up your NCB and use it as nest material, and probably pi$$ on it too. So, no. Stay well clear!
  14. I go for the military ranks - Admiral has served me very well over the last few years.
  15. and how about a talking computer mouse and motorised telephone?
    Or midgets walking into a computer screen?