Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Churchill’s Few: The Battle of Britain

Churchill’s Few: The Battle of Britain

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
Review by pteranadon

This the book of the 1985 TV film of the same name, republished for the 80th anniversary. It contains material not used in the documentary which was based on the stories of half a dozen British, one Polish and one German airmen.

No pictures or maps and the history is thin. Enough obvious errors to question how the sources have been interpreted. There are better books if you want to learn about the bigger picture of the battle of Britain.

However, it is an...

Click here to read the full review.....

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I reviewed this book for another source and agree with @Pteranadon 's review. The book is poorly presented considering it is a reprint and plenty of time to sort out detail. In fact there is one bit near the start of the book which has the word 'delete' in the middle of a sentence which is obviously for a part to be deleted and not the word delete left in totally out of context of any sort. There are also several typos in the text which as a reprint is almost inexcusable.

Lack of photographs of the six people involved is also unforgivable as is the lack of maps showing RAF and Luftwaffe bases which would have helped in the story.

I get the feeling the book has been quickly thrown together as cheaply as possible and as pteranadon says, is only worth 2 Mr MRHs. Pity as it had the potential to be an excellent book with six excellent subjects.

syrup

LE
. In fact there is one bit near the start of the book which has the word 'delete' in the middle of a sentence which is obviously for a part to be deleted and not the word delete left in totally out of context of any sort.

I once put a post it not on the last copy of a stack of work documents with "Copy this one"
I should have known the next time I looked there was a stack of documents all duly photocopied with a dark rectangle with "copy this one" in my handwriting.

Auld-Yin

ADC
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Reviews Editor
I once put a post it not on the last copy of a stack of work documents with "Copy this one"
I should have known the next time I looked there was a stack of documents all duly photocopied with a dark rectangle with "copy this one" in my handwriting.
That'll teach you not to say 'Please'

Latest Threads