"Church" of Scientology ads

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by count_duckula, Mar 23, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Following on from the "UNITE: My ARRSE" thread, it seems there are now Scientology ads on here! Any guesses for what's next? Colonel Gaddfi's retirement clock fund? Out of interest mods, how are ads decided on/who chooses?

2. It’s always possible for a website to block adds, but I think they’re paid for and then linked to threads by key words. At the end of the day it’s a commercial website and the owners need to make a living. I’d gladly take money off Scientologists if I could.

Anyway, apart from that it’s quite clear that Ron H wasn’t a con man, no siree, and the path to something or other is through, you know, things and stuff. Especially stuff. And things. Let's not forget things.

Look, just stop asking stupid questions and send them your damned money or they’ll be round to sort you out, got it? Sheesh…

3. And so we have the words of unbelievers. It’s so easy to mock, or use another browser, isn’t it? But what of paying for a huge boat, masses of lawyers and machines that go “ping!”? Well?

I thought not. Tell me, if you can, what is it that you’ve created, Dr Freeman? What…

Hold on… I’m getting confused with Half-Life^2 now. Anyway, that bike-boat thing in the first episode is ******* great!